Sunday, May 6, 2012

some more sewing

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.  Here's some sewing I've done. More prayer flags/curtains. My Sizzix Big-Kick is coming in very handy die cutting fabric shapes.
I LOVE this top flag. Besides some decorative stitching, I die cut the cherries from some cotton fabric and I die cut the bird out of felt. The bird is glued on, and I added the yellow beak and the eye. The stamped words are from Unity.

I showed you these hearts  before but I added the flower which I also die cut and stitched. The dies are great at cutting out shapes in fabric...haven't done much of this before and I will definitely be doing more of this.

And finally, here's a prayer flag that I used some decorative stitching and a vintage crochet doiley (?) that I had bought at fair awhile back. It is old and yellowed and does look great on the prayer flag.
So yesterday we retrieved the boat and brought it home. Means boating season is coming soon!!!! Also used a groupon and had a really yummy lunch at a restaurant I had never been to, but would go back. I love trying new places, and it was a lot of fun. Then Dave and I went to see the Avengers last night. Was fun but I thought the final battle scene in NYC was just too long for me. But we had a fun day out together as a couple, and that's always a good thing.
So hope the rest of your weekend is great.
Weekend's always seem to just fly right by, don't they?



No comments: