Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Fishy, Fishy, Fishy

Last weekend I was so busy and it was so hot upstairs in my space (no ac put in the windows yet) I didn't get too many artistic endeavors in. But here's a journaling page I made of my trip to the New England Aquarium in Boston back on May 21.  The photo is me (the goof-ball in the middle) and 2 of my co-workers and friends.
I sprayed this page with 2 shades of blue Dylusions spray inks and I used her fishy stamp set from Stamper's Anonymous. They are such a hoot! Especially in these bright colors. I figured my page might look like one of those tropical tanks you see at aquariums. And it does!!! Success!  I used a clear Viva paint pen to make the eyes pop out and the bubbles coming out of the fishes mouths look like actual bubbles.
I also sprayed this page in some clear sparklies- but it didn't really show here. I also used some Viva sand paste but it kind of turned blue in the photo. It is not so blue in real life.
I will say, although I didn't see any fishies quite as silly as these I did see some pretty strange ones swimming in tanks at the aquarium.
Especially the 3 people at the bottom of this page- feel sometimes like life puts me in the bottom of the tank.
Ha-ha!
Hump day- 
Got to love that.
Thanks for visiting.

No comments: