Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Making My Own Stencils

I really wanted a fish stencil for some journal pages.
So I made 2, both of which you can see on this page.
I bought a sheet of quilting template/stencil plastic at Joann's Fabric and then cut of a piece down toe 6x6 so it would fit into my Big Kick machine from Sizzix.
Then I took a Quickutz/Life Style Crafts fish die and cut fish all over the plastic.
And voila!
I had a stencil.  You can see the long blue fish all over this page.
Then I used a smaller piece of the same plastic and a Memory Box mini fish die and made a little fish stencil.
You can see those green fish on the page.
This page had some blotchy painting on it first that I made by rubbing a wet painted sheet of watercolor paper onto a new sheet of watercolor paper. This page was the page that got rubbed onto.
I added this great photo of the hubby, some journaling, a paper Smooches die cut anchor and a stamped date. Love these letters by Hero Arts.
I used the fish I die cut  to make the stencil to add some little decorations to this page. I put alcohol ink on them and you see one here at the bottom middle of this photograph.
Have a fabulous Tuesday.

1 comment:

Kooky Makes said...

What a clever idea to make your own stencil and I really like the page you've created too. The crispness of the picture with the softness of the background works so well.