Monday, June 10, 2013

Summer Journal Pages

Hope everyone had a great weekend-I did.
Saturday was busy- went out to breakfast, ran errands, went to the tent sale (see yesterday's post) and had lobsters for dinner with my a lot of my husband's family. Yesterday was Low Key- YEAH- loved that. Gardening, took a walk, did a bit of tidying up in the studio, got an ice cream cone and took a nap on my screen porch. Plus did a bit of journaling and got some photos for posting.
Love having studio time but at this time of year there seems to be so much to do.
Makes you enjoy the few hours you get in there even more.
This week coming up is insane crazy busy for me. It is senior week at school-culminating with graduation on Friday!
I am keeping a summer scrap-journal and here's a page I did yesterday. I found this fun colored grid style paper in my stash and I doodled and filled in all the events of my week. I am trying to make this journal a little bit of a lot of things- photos from the summer, art journal pages, calendars, information, drawings, memories...basically a way to look back to be able to look back in the future to get a peek back into summer of 2013.

Here's a more journal page. I loved the background. It is a combo of paint, spray inks and some stenciling with paint. I used a B-Line stamp to make the woman and die cut the quote oval (Paper Smooches) and then filled in the sentiment. I also added an October Afternoon tab.
Finally for today another page I made yesterday to document the tent sale I went to on Saturday.
I used this fun red and white paper from October Afternoon. I included the sales slip and the label from this package of these CUTE little pre-cut clothe scotty dogs I bought. I added one of the little doggies on the page, and gave him a googley eye too. Stamped the June word, added the plastic eight  word along with some felt heart from my stash and some little plastic hearts from the stash too.
Not thinking any of these pages are going to museum quality pages but I enjoy them and they certainly will make the journal more interesting to look through in the months ahead.
Pretty soon school will be out and I'll have a lot more time to play in the studio.
Maybe then I'll be able to do a few other things rather than just keeping this journal.
Happy Monday
and
thanks for visiting.

No comments: