Friday, December 12, 2014

Rich Texture

Happy Friday everyone. Glad you took a moment or two to stop by.
I love the texture on this page. I started with a gelli print and then I layered some stenciling in red paint over that.  I took the back  piece off a sticky felt cut out (I used the felt on another page I made), you know the part you are supposed to throw away, and used matte medium to attach it onto this page. I thought the cut out design  was too pretty just to waste.
Then I added some painted writing washi tape, doodling and this lovely dove which is an ancient Penny Black rubber stamp.  I've used this stamp a lot in the past several years, and I still seem to go back it.
I also added some sequins. They didn't photograph as sparkly as they really look but do make the page a bit more festive.


Speaking of festive, my daughter and I did some gingerbread playing the other day.
We made these  Snoopy doghouse gingerbread houses. They came in a kit we had bought. This one above us is hers.
This is mine  Big red frosting mess! Ha-ha!
We laughed and laughed and had a good time making them.

Amd last night I went out with a few lady friends to celebrate one of their birthdays. We went to the British Beer Company. I had a yummy Shepard Pie Pasty.
Don't know how British that food is or not. I know about Cornish pasty. That's British.  I know about Shepard's pie, but not sure if that is a British Food or not. Either way, it was delish.
When we left it was snowing and with the white lights of the city, it was really pretty. This photo didn't quite pick up the snow, but the lights are still pretty-in their fuzzy grey way.
I wish I had my camera and had walked around checking out the holiday decorations. Instead I left to go home and got stuck in the end of the work traffic so my 45 minute ride took twice as long.
Oh boy.

I am linking this page to Paint Party Friday.  Check out everyone's contributions this week here Paint Party Friday

Thanks for visiting and stop back again soon!

9 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

The pictures f the yummy food have me almost drooling onto the keyboard. Love your art journaling, and the snoopy gingerbread houses are wonderful! Hugs, Valerie

Christine said...

Lovely page, cute houses, and that looks like British food to me, would love to try that pasty!

Faye said...

Erika, the journal page is beautiful and expresses what we all believe: that it would be nice to have peace. The dove stamp is lovely. I think I will try to find one some where.

sheila 77 said...

What a fabulous "Peace" page, love the colours, the message and the dove fluttering, it all comes together so well.

Tracey FK said...

I love the gingerbread houses... mine wouldn't look recognisable I don't think so i am very impressed... the photos are all a wonderful glimpse into your world...xx

Studio Kaufmann said...

Yes shepherd's pie is british. I have never had a shepherd's pie pasty but it sounds so delicious. Love the snoopy gingerbread house.What a wonderful painting about giving peace a chance. Happy PPF

sharon said...

Love your page! The gingerbread houses are wonderful, and that pasty makes me hungry!

Giggles said...

What a fabulous post!! I love the journal page, wonderful message, and that gingerbread house with snoopy is sooooo fun!!I love that too! The food looks scrumptious and the wet walkway with the lights is beautiful! Thanks for sharing!! Sorry about the hour and a half drive it sucks when that happens!!

Hugs Giggles

SCarol said...

Yes, peace would be great! Love your page with the dove and the busy backround