Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Busy Week

Hi everyone. It is Wednesday and this week is flying. I know for me it is because it is a busy week. School vacation is next week and I am trying to wrap up my classes so we can start fresh when we get back in March. I have been giving tests and writing tests and grading tests. Never mind I have also been catching up on my other grading, and getting ready for when we come back after vacation so I won't be in a panic then. I am getting there with all that! Hopefully by Friday I can just cruise through the day.
And tonight we are suppose to get some more snow. I don't know how much because I have seen 2 contradictory forecasts. I hope not much because it means another chore,shoveling, and I don't want a snow day. We have not had any so far and the later we get into winter that means the less chance we will have any. It would be great to get out in the middle of June instead the end of June, but winter isn't over yet. So we shall see.
I am exhausted just from reading what I just wrote-ha-ha!
Today I have a very simple page in my Wild West Journal.  It's made on burlap. The shrine in the background is a die cut I recently picked up on sale. I used very pink paper to cut it (it was a practice run), but I liked it so I used some silver and brown paint and ink to make it a little less pink. I added a stamped image with a heart and flowers, and then this cool  fake bone plastic hand.
One fun thing I did do this week was finish listening to my latest audio book.
I LOVED this book and I highly recommend it.  Here's how Amazon describes it.

For years, rumors of the "Marsh Girl" have haunted Barkley Cove, a quiet town on the North Carolina coast. So in late 1969, when handsome Chase Andrews is found dead, the locals immediately suspect Kya Clark, the so-called Marsh Girl. But Kya is not what they say. Sensitive and intelligent, she has survived for years alone in the marsh that she calls home, finding friends in the gulls and lessons in the sand. Then the time comes when she yearns to be touched and loved. When two young men from town become intrigued by her wild beauty, Kya opens herself to a new life--until the unthinkable happens.

Wishing you all a great day, and thanks so much for visiting.

13 comments:

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Beautiful artwork.

Valerie-Jael said...

Sorry you're having so much stress this week, but it will soon all be finished! Love your journal page on the cool, burlap background, it makes a wonderful contrast. That book sounds good, great idea to hear your books while driving, I used to do that in the good, old days. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

And some people think teachers have a part-time job! After what you wrote, you deserve your vacation. Last I hear for my area, snow to sleet to freezing rain to ice. That's the worst. I'm hoping it misses us entirely. Love the burlap page especially the bone hand. Your book sounds intriguing, too. Have a good day. Stay safe

Caty said...

This is really Gorgeous Erika !! Love the pink-red colour you have choosen, and the beautiful heart and hand. It´s a wonderful Artwork, as always !
The audio book may be interesting !
Happy very soon holidays !
I wish you a nice evening
big hugs, Caty

Meggymay said...

Its a lovely burlap page Erika, i really like the space around the die cut and all the detail you added.
I hope you don't get the snow it sounds like you will be ready to relax next week when school is on holiday.
It sounds a good book you recommended as well.
Yvonne xx

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I wouldn't rule out more snow days yet!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sounds like you will be ready when spring break comes for you. I LOVE that die. I wish I'd had something similar when I made Dianne's pages one year in a swap when her theme was Mexican art. It would fit in SO well. I can see you using it for Cinco de Mayo, too. It is a beautiful entry.

froebelsternchen said...

I love this delicate die - well done to get it and this super cool hand - a superb page - looks terrific on this burlap page - Hope for you that spring arrives soon dear Erika!
School vacation - that's a fantastic prospect of a good time, isn't it?!
Happy day!
Big hugs, Susi

Astrid Maclean said...

Very interesting page, the burlap background is lovely and I love the way you have transformed the bright pink on the cut out, but my favourite bit is that hand!! Brilliant focal point for the whole page.

Hope the rest of the week will pass without snow and enjoy the vacation when it comes! Finally you have intrigued me with the book description, I shall have to check it out....

Mia said...

I love your idea to make a page on burlap, Erica. Thank you for the inspiration. Kisses, my friend.
PS: Busy week for me, too.

Cath Wilson said...

LOVE that burlap... it just looks so good. The hand was a great find, as was the die :-) Love how you had to cover up the pink, too, lol - isn't it funny how colour evokes such strong emotions in us? It's a great page. The book sounds good... I wish I could listen to audio books - maybe I should try. I'm reading slowly at the moment because I only read when I go to bed... and I'm always aware of the time!
Have a great week... off to see your other page.
Cath x

Jeanie said...

Good luck on wrapping it all up. Your colors look more coral (pantone color of the year!) than pink! Either way, it works for me.

Let's Art Journal said...

I love the idea of a wild west journal, such fun! Your burlap cover with the die cut is beautiful and I can't wait to see the pages that you create 😁. Glad you are getting all your school work done and I hope you have a lovely vacation! Happy travels! J 😊 x