Friday, February 8, 2019

Vintage Romance

Happy Friday! The week is winding down and the weekend is almost here. It's been a crazy weather week, spring like, then cold enough for a little snow and ice, warm again for rain, and this weekend the cold returns. 
Sounds like it will be a good weekend for some art and reading, and who knows what else.
Since Valentine's Day is coming up in less than a week, I thought I would share this romantic page from my vintage journal. I actually reworked this spread as I didn't like the left side at all, but now I am happy with the results. So a page that wasn't originally meant to be so romantic ended up being just that.
It takes me forever to finish up one of these vintage pages. I think it is because it is not a style that comes naturally to me, but it is good to push yourself to try something different.  So I do a little bit, and then put it aside and do a little bit more. Eventually I get it finished.
The background of this page is some brown paper bag, some Washi tape, some gold and white spray ink, some gold paint as well as some black ink that was rubbed on.
Then I added a bit of TH vintage portrait paper, some red heart doilies, a die cut hinge, lock and key, some die cut hearts, a few metal crafting screw heads, some stamped quotes and 2 stamped and fussy cut people from B Line Designs.
I am linking up this spread to Moo Mania and their newest challenge of Love Is In the Air.
And don't forget that Romance is theme going on over at Try It On Tuesday.
Enjoy the weekend!

17 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This may not be an intuitive spread, but I simply adore it. I can tell all the time you put into it and it shows. It has romance and love written all over it. Just think. It's almost the weekend. Have a super Friday, dear.

Gibby Frogett said...

It might have been challenging but it worked out beautifully in the end Erika. Its fabulous - awesome details and I especially love the lock and hinge.
Have a lovely fun weekend - we are awaiting 'storm Erik' - roll on spring!
Gill x

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful, romantic page with lots of beautiful hearts! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Jeanie said...

It's interesting you say vintage doesn't come naturally to you because I sometimes feel the same way. I do like whatever you did to the left side very much. It's a lovely spread.

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, such amazing pages! I love all the vintage style and all the texture that you created is amazing 😁. The pop of colour work beautifully too! I hope you've had a great week, we have some lovely sunshine here today after a rainy start. Happy Friday and Weekend! J 😊 x

CJ Kennedy said...

You really make vintage look effortless. I like the quote paired with the charming miss in the turquoise dress. She certainly looks like the bee's knees. Enjoy the sunshine later on today

Anne (cornucopia) said...

This is beautiful. I love this art journal page spread.

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning, this is a great piece
we are having very up and down swings of the weather too-at least it is not every day very cold-Happy weekend

Meggymay said...

A gorgeous, vintage and romantic journal spread. The words you picked out to use are lovely as well. I can tell it must have taken a while to create, even the fussy cut stamping would take time, I think from your post that you were happy with the results and rightly so.
have a good rest of the day.
Yvonne xx

froebelsternchen said...

Elizabeth expressed it perfectly: It has romance and love written all over it! So beautiful! Thank you for joining us at Moo Mania & More! Much appreciated! Happy weekend! Hugs, Susi

sheila 77 said...

That's a very interesting way of eventually finishing a page, start with a background and keep going back to add something. I'm fascinated by the list of what you added, including metal crafting screw heads (!) and a die cut hinge. It all looks great and adding the two people at the right brings it all together perfectly.
Hope you have a great weekend whether reading, making art, going out or even doing all of these.

craftytrog said...

Wonderfully romantic!
Have a great weekend Erika!
Alixxx

Romance Reader said...

Its beautiful, thank you for sharing! Have a nice weekend!

Astrid Maclean said...

Absolutely beautiful, as my vintage heart of course would say.... You say this style does not come naturally to you, but actually you manage it brilliantly, it's a totally gorgeous spread!!
Happy weekend, - here the wind is howling....

Rosie said...

Your journal pages are absolutely gorgeous, Erika

Thank you for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE

Have a wonderful weekend

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

These pages looks lovely, Erika. I was interested to read about what you used for this creation even though journaling is not something I am interested in doing at present.

Michele said...

a superbly romantic page. well done. wishing you a happy valentine's day! xo