Monday, February 25, 2019

When Life Gives You Lemons

Hi everyone. It is time for another gathering of  T, the last one this month. February always goes so fast, but that makes me glad because even though March can be fickle, not knowing whether to be spring or still winter, at least when you get to March you know spring is really just around the corner. (That is if you live here in the northern hemisphere.)
And since it is time for T again, stop by Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog to join us with your drink related posts.
Here in the US, and maybe other places (but I don't know), we have a saying that goes:
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
So that's what I did.

I wanted to share one last page for Rike's yellow challenge at Art Journal Journey. And share a pink lemonade toast, my drink this week, with all of you. Pink showed up better than regular lemonade color which is why I made it pink.
This is a pre-post since my husband and I have taken off for a few days to break up the winter.  I am hoping I can link this with my phone. I'll be back Friday and hopefully will have some photos and stories to share. And if I don't make it to your T day post today or tomorrow, I will stop by when I am home.
Happy T day to you all, and enjoy the rest of your week.
Thanks for visiting.







15 comments:

Mia said...

Happy T-day, Erica. There is not such saying in Greece. I love your lemonade page though. Kisses, my friend.

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful journal page, those lemons look great. Enjoy your break away from home. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

We have this saying in German as well... and I had a big glass of warm lemon water this morning...lol!
I love your vibrant page and you just made me happy with your amazing entry for Rike's theme Erika!
Thank you for yet another fabulous page!!!!
Thank you for all the pages in February! You were such an inspiration again!

I love this one!!! Cheers me up!
Have great days and enjoy!!!!
Big hugs

Susi

Astrid Maclean said...

Such a cool page and I totally love that saying! Enjoy that lemonade and your school break!

Meggymay said...

A fantastic page Erika and I know that saying well. A glass of pink lemonade sounds good to me. Have a super time away.
happy T day wishes.
Yvonne xx

CJ Kennedy said...

Your page is so cheery and another round of snow on the way. I wish it was Summer to savor a glass of lemonade in the sun room. Hope you're away from wintry weather. Have fun!

Cath Wilson said...

Excellent, Erika - lovely page and a great T for Tuesday post. Hope you're enjoying your break, wherever you may be. You must need it after all the work you put into your job! Enjoy!
Cath x

Jeanie said...

A very happy lemon page! And it looks like the link was fine by phone. Have a wonderful time!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a perfect way to honor both challenges, Erika. Do I need to link you? Not sure you were able to do so either place. After I leave my comment, I'm off to a scheduled appointment, but will be back by 5 p.m. YOUR time. If by then you haven't linked, I will do so both places.

This is a beautiful entry for Rike's theme at Art Journal Journey. I love yur bowl of lemons and your glass of pink lemonade. I think it shows better against your bold background, too. Thanks for sharing this at both Art Journal Journey and at T this Tuesday.

Caty said...

This is a lovely and Gorgeous Art page Erika !! I love the so beautiful background, and the boll with lemons, the lovely glass and the hearts sale price !! Your writing is wonderful !! You´re right.... with lemons... lemonade ! :) Great page ! this little bird is so "sweet"
I wish you´ll spend fabulous days ! and wish a nice afternoon too.
Big hugs, and happy T-day !
Caty

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful and creative page! The red accents with the yellow is perfect - I love it ๐Ÿ˜. I hope you are having a lovely week and wishing you a very happy T Day! J ๐Ÿ˜Š x

Divers and Sundry said...

Oooo, pink lemonade! I look forward to those hot summer days when that'll be a refreshing patio drink :) I love your page! Happy T Day

sheila 77 said...

I do like this, Erika, it's very lemony. It's a super illustration for the saying (which we have here too). That's a super lemony background (I wonder how you did it) and the little bird is a fun addition. Have a great mini-holiday, I'm sure you will.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Enjoy your getaway, Erika. We did something similar last week when we spent several days in VT.

craftytrog said...

Gorgeous page Erika! I love the little bird, hoping for a sip! xx