Thursday, February 7, 2019

Happy New Year

 I'm a  couple of days late with this post but this past Tuesday was the Chinese/Lunar New Year celebration. It is now the year of the pig. 
I decided to make this week's calendar spread have an Asian feel.
I liked this background as it was, so I just added several stamped  and stenciled images to it. I stamped these cute little Chinese children on some white paper, colored and then fussy cut them. And the pig and the other Chinese zodiac animals were on a page of an old Flow magazine I use for cutting so I added them to both sides of my spread. 
Here's what I found out on the internet about people who are born during the year of the pig. (Info is from travelchina website)

Pig is the twelfth in the 12-year cycle of Chinese zodiac sign. The Years of the Pig include 1923, 1935, 1947, 1959, 1971, 1983, 1995, 2007, 2019, 2031, 2043...

Pig is not thought to be a smart animal in China. It likes sleeping and eating and becomes fat. Thus it usually features laziness and clumsiness. On the positive side, it behaves itself, has no plan to harm others, and can bring affluence to people. Consequently, it has been regarded as wealth.
People with Chinese zodiac Pig sign are considerate, responsible, independent and optimistic. They always show generousness and mercy to endure other people's mistakes, which help them gain harmonious interpersonal relationships. However, sometimes they will behave lazy and lack actions. In addition, pure hearts would let them be cheated easily in daily life.

That's it for me today. Hope your day is a good one.

13 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely, colourful page. I was born in a rat year! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is a great CNY page, Erika. I like the little children and the pig and dragon are incredible. You do Asian SO well. I'm totally impressed. I also noticed those traits on the various sites I visited, so I'm glad you shared them here.

CJ Kennedy said...

Such a bright page on a dreary day. The children images are adorable. I am a G.O.A.T. isn't that just perfect for a Little Princess? =^,.^=

Mia said...

Lovely page, Erika. I really love the background and the beautiful Chinese children. Hugs, my friend.

Mia said...

And I just found out that I was born in a year of metal dog! Wow!

Birgit said...

love your background with the various colours and the circles. The chines people are sweet. I was born the year of the dragon

Divers and Sundry said...

Those children look happy :) I always like checking the placemats when I go to Chinese restaurants to see what year everybody was born in.

Meggymay said...

The fussy cut images look really cute, its a fantastic calendar page for the Chinese New Year. You included some interesting information as well..
Hope your day has gone well.
Yvonne xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was sure I left you a comment, but now I don't see if I did or not. I hope I did, because your blog was still open when I came back tonight.

Astrid Maclean said...

Fabulous Asian inspired page!! Love how it came together. I don't know much about the Chinese lunar calendar, interesting to find out more about the year of the pig....

Jeanie said...

I think I was born in the wrong year. A lot of the pig characteristics resonate!

So does your page -- it works very well in general and especially for the day!

froebelsternchen said...

I missed this one - so sweet!
I love this dragon and the background is fantastic as well!

craftytrog said...

It's a wonderful calendar page Erika! Talking of pigs, a cute little piggy family, mum, dad and three piglets, greeted us in the carpark at Animal Rescue yesterday. So sweet!
Happy Sunday,
Alison xx