Saturday, February 23, 2019

Just a Touch of Yellow

 Happy weekend!  Hope everyone has some fun plans for the weekend. 
Today I have another burlap background page to share for Rike's Yellow challenge at Art Journal Journey
It only has a bit of yellow but it does have some.
The burlap is a page in my journal. I used a transparency as my base to work on. I added lots ot TH art bits, stamped a quote, and the colored and added a vintage lady cut out that came from a set I picked up on Etsy.
It was a pretty quick and easy page to put together as the only wet media I used was a bit of glue and some yellow paint as the center on the black die cut flower. But it worked on the burlap page and it's fun to switch it up every now and again.
My husband and I are heading out for a few days later this weekend. I have a pre-post for T day. Otherwise I will see next weekend  with hopefully some good photos and stories to share.
Thanks for visiting.

13 comments:

CJ Kennedy said...

Your page makes a fabulous frame. Enjoy your trip and vacation week.

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful page, I love the quote! Just got home from my walk, now I can wind up my clock with coffee! Enjoy your day, hugs, Valerie

Divers and Sundry said...

I like the burlap look, and the quote looks like stitching to me. Nice!

Mia said...

Adorable page, Erika. I love the burlap background. It seems it has some depth. If possible, please send me an email to craftartista@gmail.com to tell me how you made this incredible frame. You know I am still an amateur and I am trying to learn new techniques. Kisses, my dear friend.

froebelsternchen said...

I love your canvas pages and this is no exception! Thank you ver much for yet another fabulous page for AJJ dear Erika! Happy Sunday!

Susi

Eileen Bergen said...

There may be little yellow, Erika, but it stands out. Therefor the page is outstanding ;-).

I've never journaled on burlap, so I'm really intrigued by this. If I understand correctly, you stamped onto the transparency. Cool

Eileen xx

Rike said...

YES, this touch of yellow is just perfect and the bit of yellow in the black flower on the right bottom is fabulous! The burlap background is a gorgeous choice for your wonderful details!
Thank you very much for another great entry to my theme at AJJ!
Wish you and your husband good times! Hugs-Rike

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I thought I left a comment yesterday morning, but was surprised when I saw this was still open on my screen nearly 24 hours later. Your lady is perfect, and so is the entire entry. I really like her sitting on the burlap background. I also like the vintage ephemera and the stars in circles. Of course, those clocks are great, too. Thanks for sharing this gorgeous entry with us at Art Journal Journey.

Astrid Maclean said...

Another great burlap page and I love all those TH goodies you added, - beautiful composition! Happy weekend!

froebelsternchen said...

Enjoy Florida Erika!
Lucky you!!!!
Happy Sunday!

Hugs, Susi

Meggymay said...

Its a great idea to use a transparency on the burlap page. You added some lovely details and your lady looks very elegant.
Have a lovely time away.
Yvonne xx

craftytrog said...

A wonderful page Erika!
Enjoy your trip,
Alison xx

Jeanie said...

Love the texture of the burlap, Erika!