Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Powder It Time at Try It On Tuesday

Hi everyone. It's time for a new challenge at Try It on Tuesday  This time we ask you to use "powder" on your piece. It could be embossing powder, Brushoes, mica powder, any kind of powder!
Here's my take on this fun challenge.
I began my page with some watercolor paper and some lime green and a tad bit of dark blue  Brushoes. I stamped a bit of  writing (Paper Artsy for all the stamped images today) 3 times and then stamped the striped bird with embossing ink and some blue embossing powder. This little lady is then painted with some watered down mica powder  acrylics in orange and pink.  The line designs and the quote are also stamped.  I added paper tape along the bottom and some hand drawn, hand painted flowers. The flower centers have a small Prima paper flower center. I decided my page needed something a little different along the bottom, but lace didn't work, so I decided to cut the scallops and then stripe them in with blue marker. Finally, to finish off the page I added some round chipboard bingo circles I had in my stash.
This is my page. Hope you like it. Thanks for stopping by.
And most  of all, 
I'm really looking forward to see your Powder It page.
Hope you decide to join us.

18 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I've never seen brushos here, so they fascinate me. I really like them a lot. Your lime green makes me think of spring. It's a beautiful and creative page with the red bird and sparkly flowers. A great TioT entry, Erika.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Love this Erika! Great Spring colours and the little bird venturing out! The quote is just perfect! Hugs, Chrisx

Valerie-Jael said...

This is a fun piece, love the spring-like colours. Hugs, Valerie

Meggymay said...

I love the background you created for that sweet bird image . Its a fantastic page Erika and all the added details draw the eye , the flowers and the scallops look lovely
Yvonne xx.

Rosie said...

A wonderful journal page, Erika, love the colours

Cath Wilson said...

That scalloped border is genius, Erika - it looks wonderful. Love how you've used the Brushos, too - and of course the quote - beautiful words! This is just fab.
Cath x

CJ Kennedy said...

I like the Spring colors on your page and your happy bird. I had to look up Brushoes as I had never heard of them before. I liked the scallop edge you gave to your page. Hopefully, we'll see Spring soon.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Lovely artwork and I like the words you put on this.

froebelsternchen said...

This is such a fantastic page Erika! Your use of the brushos is AMAZING!

Let's Art Journal said...

Wonderful page! The colours are beautiful and you used so many different powder on your page - amazing ๐Ÿ˜. I adore your little bird too! Thanks so much for the inspiration and wishing you a happy new week! J ๐Ÿ˜Š x

Joan said...

I love that line green brusho colour, really sings! Fab page.

Joan

Joan said...

I love that line green brusho colour, really sings! Fab page.

Joan

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous page Erika, love the zingy background for your colourful little bird
Love the quote you used.
Avril xx

Astrid Maclean said...

Such a fun and original theme and I adore what you did on this page! Gorgeous colours!!

Jeanie said...

That shade of green is such fun. One of my favorite colors. I love the background on this one so much. In fact, love the whole piece! And your bird is really cute. I've been starting to try to do some bird paintings -- not good ones. I love this!

Marjut said...

What a lovely page Erika, beautiful background and bird.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

What a super page Erika, those pot's of powder have a surprise for us all each time we use them. This makes for a great backdrop for your sweet bird.
I'm playing TioT catch up with you all Thank you very much for sharing.
Hugs Tracey x

Caty said...

This is a Fantastique Art page Erika !! Just amazing ! I love the wonderful colours, so happy, and the lovely bird. The flowers are magnifiques and so the quote of Dickens.
Wish you a very nice afternoon
Big hugs, Caty