Thursday, September 10, 2020

Last Days of Summer


Hi everyone. Our weather is about to take a turn and get a bit less humid and summery. Long range forecasts make this cooler weather look like it will last for several days at least. Maybe summer weather will be  saying goodbye.  Or maybe the forecast will change or be wrong. (That wouldn't be anything unusual.) And I image it will be back, but with these shorter days (sunset is now around 7 PM in my area), the heat never seems to be quite so bad as in July or early August.

So my page today was inspired by my background. I sprayed the yellow and blue spray paints. Once they dried I looked at the page and saw beach. Beach season is winding down in New Hampshire, but I went with background and made with a beach page. (Although  I must say walking the beach on cool autumn days is a favorite thing  of mine to do.)
The sandcastle and seagull on the piling are die cuts.  I used a piece of brown textured paper because it reminded me of sand, and the starfish are embossed and then fussy cut out of the paper. I also die cut the words from a really ancient die I have and that I used a lot when I used to scrapbook more.
I am  once again linking up to Jo's TEXTURE challenge at Art Journal Journey.

A day at the beach is always fun every now and again. I am still debating whether to reserve another day at the State Park I like, bring my chair and a good book, and just sit and listen to the waves while I read.







Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!









 

10 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

WOW, talk about texture. That page screams texture. It is awesome and so are the various die cuts you used. Thanks for the inspiration and sharing this with us using Jo's theme at Art Journal Journey. And because life often imitates art and vice versa, I love the beach shots you took recently. They were great.

Barbara said...

So beautiful, and exactly what I would want to do in cool Autumn weather!

Divers and Sundry said...

It sounds like perfect weather for a day at the beach! I can close my eyes and picture myself wading out a ways keeping company with the birds :)

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your textured page, really beautiful. Great photos, too. I would so love a day at the beach - perhaps in my next life? We are getting hot weather next week, at least for a couple of days. Oh well, we have to take it as it comes! Have a nice day, hugs, Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

Your page would make a lovely wall hanging at a beach house. Still hot and humid here. Maybe some thunderstorms later. We could use the rain. No beach this year as MA residents aren’t welcome in ME 😺

Lowcarb team member said...

Love your page, gorgeous texture.

What a lovely day at the beach - great photographs.

All the best Jan

craftytrog said...

Gorgeous page Erika and great photos! I love a day at the beach.
Happy Friday,
Alison xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

What great texture - I love the beach theme too! You've got some great bird shots there - listening to the waves is a good activity! Hugs, Chrisx

Jeanie said...

I love your beautiful beachy photos and art today. Yes, it feels like summer is over at my little lake, too. I'm sure we'll have nice days, maybe even quite warm ones. But they will be few and far between!

Iris Flavia said...

And here I sit with my sripey tiger, fresh out of the microwave to warm me a bit...
But your work and pics made me smile big and feel a tad warmer, too!