Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Time for a New Challenge

 Hi everyone. Time for a new challenge at Try It On Tuesday  I can't believe 2 weeks have gone by already, and it is already mid-September.  Thanks to all of you who joined in to our Neat and Tidy challenge.

This time we are asking you to use your scraps.


 I am not so sure I love my page, but I certainly used my scraps.
It started with  this strip of pink paper that I tried to use one of those long Sizzix dies and punch out many circles. But for some reason most of the dots didn't cut. I guess I needed to pass it through my machine a few more times.  
I attached that pink strip and the small strip of flowered paper to a plain white sheet of watercolor paper. Then I scribbled some writing after stamping the old fashioned pen.
I had a page of black watercolor paper that I had started and really didn't like, so I used a tag die and ran it through my machine to cut out the black center tag.  Everything on this large black  tag was there when I cut it  except for the 3 little Janet Klein  flyers, which I stamped, colored and fussy cut. I added them just to make the tag seem more a part of the overall page. I had one die cut flower on my work table and snipped that in half to use here. 
I also used some leftover pink acrylic paint which I watered way down on the white to make it less stark.
I also had some pink dots which had cut all the way through, and I added some of those to the scribble part of my page.  I scalloped cut the left hand edge, did a bit of pen work, and then decided it already had too much going on. 
There you have it!
When I look at this page I think of someone writing in their journal in the garden, and the bees are buzzing around the flowers.

Be sure to stop by the designer's blogs to check out all the inspiration. 
Don't forget to link your scrap made art (of any kind) to the Try It on Tuesday website. I look forward to seeing it. 

As this page has texture, I am also linking up to Jo's art journaling challenge at  Art Journal Journey.


Thanks for visiting!



20 comments:

pearshapedcrafting said...

A fabulous page Erika, love the pink with black! What a lovely thought that is now in my head too! Hugs, Chrisx

Valerie-Jael said...

I LOVE everything about this page - the colours, the scribbles in the background, the beautiful tag and and and. Well done. this was a fantastic way to use your scraps. Have a great day, stay safe, hugs, Valerie

Helen said...

Oh my gosh ... just LOVE this! That background and those little bees... just adorable!!!! Have a fantastic week! ((HUGS)) Helen

Let's Art Journal said...

Fabulous page! I loved reading about how it came together and all the scraps you used - perfect 😀. Thanks for the inspiration and wishing you a great new week! Hugs, Jo x

Stevenson Q said...

It's very interesting to read about Black watercolor paper because I haven't seen one yet dear Erika (our art supplies are very limited here in the Philippines) but I love what you did with it and even made t a beautiful accent on the whole art! Sending you hugs dearest Erika!

CJ Kennedy said...

Fun! I love the sleepy little bee.

ashok said...

Wow

Mrs.B said...

I like your page, it's such fun and there's lots of interest. Love the little 'flyers' buzzing about.
Avril xx

Divers and Sundry said...

I especially like that old-fashioned pen image. It looks like it could be worn on a chain. Wouldn't that be handy!

Linda Kunsman said...

fab composition of scraps and I love those "flyers"- so cute!!

Joan said...

Love your page Erika, so much to look at, lovethe scribbles and the dots


Joan x

Meggymay said...

Fabulous, a super journal page Erika and I liked reading your post, the flying creatures looked so cute. The pink strip of paper drew me to look closer at the tag.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

craftytrog said...

Love this page Erika! Xx

nwilliams6 said...

Erika, I love the mix of colors, your fab use of scraps, and those wonderful scribbles. The bees are the best and add such a great element of whimsy to your page. Well done!!!!

Jeanie said...

I should send you my scrap box. I know I'll never use it! And I know you have no need for more scraps. That will be a very fun challenge!

nanskidrewski said...

This page is so fun. It made me smile. Those bees are so funny. Love your combination of scraps.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Oh wow, this is great. I love how you cut the tag and that hole protector looks VERY textural, too. This was a super entry for Jo's theme at Art Journal Journey. I really enjoyed reading all you put into this page. You did a LOT of work on it, too.

Neet said...

Never knew there was such a thing as black watercolour paper. Just shows I lead a very sheltered life LOL.
Love that bright pink against the black and the tag is great - love the circles on it. Then of course there are those cute little flyers - I have not seen those before and now I think I need them, especially the little black and yellow sleepy one, he is so cute.
Have a great day
Hugs, Neet xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

A great piece of mixed media and even more so that you've used up those scraps. Even the left over pink watered down to create a translucent wash against the black, it works fantastic. Janet's little buzzy be fliers are ever so cute.
Thank you for the inspiration, I love this challenge Hugs Tracey xx

Marjut said...

Lovely page, Erika!
Have a nice weekend!