Wednesday, September 2, 2020

September 2

Hi everyone. I'm here today with lots of art, both old and new.

Let me start with my second look for Second on the Second over at Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog. I am taking you back to September of 2009 today. It's hard to believe how different things were then from now. My daughter was still in high school,  and she was just starting her college applications. Now she is soon to be 29 years old. It does seem like a long time ago but in other ways, just like yesterday.

At that time I made some digital postcards using some photos I had taken on our summer vacation to Northern California. and southern Oregon.. There's another difference. No Corona in 2009 which meant  you could actually go somewhere for a few days.





Here's the link to the original post. More Virtual Art.

And I also made a ladybug (or ladybird) tag to share over at Tag Tuesday.

I used a very old stamp set to make my tag, so old I can't even remember who made them. They are clear stamps and I don't have the paper info with them anymore.  I love the ladybug at her dresser.

And finally, I have another page for Jo's TEXTURE challenge at Art Journal Journey.


My garden journal has these white burlap pages, and I used one to make this page.
I used different die cuts that I fished out of my box of leftovers.  Not only is there the burlap cloth texture, but there are different types of paper  and layering of these assorted die cuts. And I added theTH found relative to pull it all together. 

That is all for me today.
Hope your month is starting off in a good way!






16 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the old photos, they were the days. Today we get excited about going to the supermarket! Love, love that gorgeous tag, looks like me in front of the mirror mornings! And you made a wonderful textured piece for Jo's challenge. Have a wonderful day, take care. I'm waiting for someone to repair my printer....Hugs, Valerie

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a fabulous texture page! The burlap looks gorgeous and then you added texture using the different papers and die cuts too - amazing 😁. Thanks so much for creating this page to inspire us at AJJ! Happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Goodness, Erika. You have enough art here to last for days. I had NO idea you did digital. And there you were working in PSE, These are great and definitely worth a second look. Especially since this is the first time I've seen them. Thank you so very much for this second look on the 2nd, dear friend.

Your tag is adorable. The central figure reminds me of that old cartoon lady (I think her name is Maude, maybe). It was the legs that reminded me. Regardless, it's cute. I'm with you. Once clear stamps get separated, you might as well forget who made them.

The texture in tho background of the journal page is wonderful. Most impressive texture and lots of it in addition to the burlap/Hessian. Thanks for another wonderful entry for Jo's theme at Art Journal Journey. Maybe you can relax a bit now (grin).

Darla said...

I enjoyed looking at your post from 2009. I have spent lots of time in the area around the California-Oregon border. I also like the pieces you did for the challenges.

Mrs.B said...

Fabulous fun postcards Erika and I love that ladybug tag.
Great journal page too with all the different textures.
Avril xx

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Erika, loving your art pieces-too cute lady bug, loved the second on the 2nd and your newest for textures-I really like that theme will try to do a page for that one. Happy second on the 2nd! Hugs Kathy

Karen said...

Yes summer vacation ~ Looking forward to that happening again next summer I hope! What a cute lady bug stamp ~ Great tag & I like the burlap page you created. ~ Blessings to you

Meggymay said...

A quick visit, trying to keep myself busy this morning, I love the garden page you created for AJJ using the burlap cloth.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

pinky said...

Hi Erika, your artwork is always so interesting and the ladybird tag is so cute! Like a little story book! Thanks for joining us at Tag Tuesday xx

craftytrog said...

A wonderful selection of art Erika!
Hope you are having a good week.
Alison xx

WendyK said...

Fabulous tag, love the background and all those lovely ladybirds. The one admiring itself in the mirror is my favourite.. Thank you for sharing with us on Tag Tuesday.

R's Rue said...

So pretty.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Your post cards are brilliant! Love that little bug too! You have reminds me that I have some burlap pages I can use!!! Hugs, Chrisx

Jeanie said...

What a lot of fun art today! I'm enjoying seeing your oldies, too. Love the texture piece and that graphic!

Sandra Wright. said...

I just love your tag, great images.
Thank you for joining us at Tag Tuesday x

Neet said...

Another fab burlap page. Love it - I really must use one before too long. Love the tag too and the ladybug at the dresser is fantastic - what a great stamp.
I so enjoyed the journey down Memory Lane, when we could travel about and days seemed sunnier somehow without the threat of a virus over our heads. We never even thought what this year has brought would be possible back then. Ah well, we survive!
Hugs, Neet xx