Saturday, September 12, 2020

Playful Fun

Hi everyone.  Happy weekend. It certainly feels like late summer today in my part of the world. It's perfect weather for a morning walk. Not sure what else is on my agenda for the weekend. I do have a few things I should do, but hopefully these 2 days will be more than just chores. Although I must admit finishing off part of the basement cleaning would make me feel both accomplished and happy. Plus I could check it off the list which seems to have gotten quite long since I've been home. 

I guess the day will tell what happens.

Back in August I was playing with some Janet Klein stamps in an A6 journal. I  never posted all my pages, but I did show you one or two. Anyhow, I figured I should post these before they moved so far down the queue in my Google photos I forgot they were there.



You can see  the little tags as I was going to post them to Halle's Pockets and Tags challenge, but that didn't happen.  However they do have some texture so I am going to post them in Jo's texture challenge at Art Journal Journey
I made the backgrounds all at once for this journal. The colors are Dina Wakely's spray glass paints. I also stamped a few pink circles, and die cut several flowers in various colors. I included the Janet Klein figures, as well as the tags. I also created the sun and the jump rope in the second page.
And there's a few other details you can pick out.
I must have had  bit of glue on my fingers when I attached the boy and girl, because when I went to color them I got some weird marks on their faces. It just more texture though!

I did actually put up some fall decorations this past week. I never had time to do that with work. I don't have a whole lot, but just enough to give the house a little autumn splendor.


I love the big center chimney in my house. It does take up a bit of room, but on my living room side I have this fireplace and on the opposite side in the kitchen, dining room, I have a wood stove hookup.
The stones are all from the property. And in the center above the mantel is an old grinding stone complete with a handle to turn it.

And if you're wondering why there are 2 clocks it is because the one in middle doesn't work. It was my husband's grandfathers. The small one works, and I am excited to have a working clock on my mantel. That was retirement gift from the school board and district.

And I switched some of the plates on my dining room hutch with these cute dog ones I have.


OK, enough for me today. Wishing you a wonderful weekend. Hope yours is not all chores either.








 

14 comments:

ashok said...

Nice art...have a great weekend

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Erika! Love both of your beautiful journal pages, really fun and ☺☺ happy! Great to see the pics of your lovely home, it's nice to have a fireplace. The autumn decorations are lovely. Have a great weekend, stay safe, hugs, Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

Those little people are just the cutest. I think it feels more like Fall. Your fireplace is gorgeous and the grinding stone makes it so unique. Even though I don’t want to let go of Summer, your Fall decorations are pretty. Your hutch is pretty and shows off the cute puppy dishes. Enjoy the weekend

Divers and Sundry said...

I love your bright, colorful art :)

Your Autumn decor is wonderful. It's sweet to have the memories and functionality of both clocks :)

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love those JK figures! Great texture too! I love your Autumn mantelpiece. I usually decorate the balcony in October to counteract Halloween which I do not like. Your dresser looks so pretty!
I have left you an answer to your question elsewhere! Hugs, Chrisx

Let's Art Journal said...

Fabulous pages! Loving the texture from the sprays and flowers with those gorgeous figures - perfect 😀. Your autumnal decorations look amazing, I've joining you and put mine up too ...lol 😉. Thanks so much for joining Art Journal Journey again! Happy Fall and I hope you're having a wonderful weekend! Hugs, Jo x

Jeanie said...

I think I want to move into your house. May I? That fireplace is to die for. Spectacular. And I love how you did your mantle with the clocks and the muted colors. It works so perfectly. Love your hutch, too. Those plates are so cheerful!

(Do you think the top left flower looks like a Covid? I do. I have to draw a Covid for my Covid journal and I keep putting it off!)

Meggymay said...

Fabulous journal pages and good to see all the detail and little people you shared on them.
I liked seeing the photos from inside your home and your autumn decorations, it looks very welcoming.
Hope you had a good weekend.
Yvonne xx

Stevenson Q said...

Super love all the fall decorations dear Erika! I love fall (even if I have never experienced it). And that art you did with the cute doggy, Oh my! You can call me crazy but I have a stuff toy and he is super old and he's tattered now from all the travelling I did, he was with me. But on my last trips I decided I'll just leave him at home. I call him Chicosi but lately just Doggy.He is old and threadbare but I love him so much, I had it since I was born and he'll always be my favorite. he's been through a lot (even being left at the immigration section in Los Angeles after I left him after the xray (glad we got him back though after me crying my neck out at 5 years old)

Mae Travels said...

Thank you for sharing the photos of your home -- it's nice to be inside other people's space nowadays when everyone has to be isolated. Your fireplace is wonderful.

be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Yes, Erika, fall is indeed making its presence known especially in the evening hours when it gets downright chilly as of the past couple of days. We attended an outdoor concert near the mill apts last night and wearing shorts was not the smartest thing because after the sub went down, so did the nice temps. Your fall decos look very comfy and the stonework around the fireplace is great.

craftytrog said...

A beautiful, colourful page, and wonderful Autumn decorations Erika!
Have a great new week,
Alison xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I am visiting my neighbor Sally, so I must keep this brief. My internet appears to be fine, but my power supply cord has gone bad, at least that is what my computer guru friend Scott thinks. He will try to get a new one for me in town on Monday. If not, he will buy one at Amazon. That's why I was late visiting today. I love your journal pages. They are both so cute. I can see you really like those new "kids." The tag with the bones around it actually remind me of the corona virus. Too soon? (GRIN). Thanks for linking me and thanks for sharing these fun pages with us using Jo's theme at AJJ.

I adore your mantle. It is festive and perfect for autumn. I love the clocks and the pumpkins, too. I miss a fireplace and yours is charming. I also LOVE those dog plates, too. Take care and thanks again for linking me.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.