Wednesday, September 30, 2020

The Queen of the Crows and Some Fish

Hi everyone. Can you believe today is the last day of September?

First for today  I have  a tag for the latest  challenge at Tag Tuesday.  Sandie's choice is book pages. 
I have an old Japanese garden book which I used to cover my tag.  I stamped the two koi, colored them, and then stamped the big happiness word. Finally I thought the tag needed a little something, but I didn't want to cover the koi. So I used this TH paper bit, but the 16 doesn't really mean anything directly to the tag.


I also have one more TEXTURE piece for Jo's challenge at  Art Journal Journey. Jo, you've been a wonderful hostess this month. Thanks  for such fun challenge.

So I started a Halloweenish type altered book called Mystery, Mayhem and Magic.  Today's posted page is one page within this altered book. 
I started by using some clear modeling paste and a stencil. Once dried, I used some black spray ink. I also cut out the center of the page and added this printed piece of acetate. Then I put some silver tape along the edges and used some brads to hold the tape down better. Finally I added some feathers that I have picked up  on my walks.
Here's the back side of this page (on the left), which I am not sure I have finished. You can also see the crow page that peeks through the acetate.


And here's the cover of my altered book project.


Thanks to all of you who have joined our challenge this month. We'll be back tomorrow with a new challenge for October. Enjoy your day!

18 comments:

sirkkis said...

Fantastic pages with Halloween spirit, Erika. Love the fish on the texture page!
Have a wonderful start of October ahead xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful artwork again, and LOVE that tag! Thanks so much for making another tag for TT. Love the journal page too, and your journal covers are fabulous! Have a lovely day, it's drier here today! Hugs, Valerie

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning. Loving your art!
No I can not believe that October is tomorrow already wow september really went fast-enjoy your day Kathy

Sandra Wright. said...

Your tag is stunning..I love the oriental theme...a theme I struggle with.
The background print is fabulous and the koi carp are so vibrant with their orange and red scales and fins...awesome
Thank you so much for playing along n our challenge at Tag Tuesday x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a fabulous and unique tag. I am so glad you used Japanese text. I have some of that type, too, but your koi were the true stars of the tag. This was beautiful, dear.

I'm delighted you have started a new altered book honoring Halloween. What a lovely image on the acetate and I love how you treated the modeling paste and stencil. I love how you used the silver tape. I did something similar several years ago using copper tape and eyelets. This was a gem and perfect for Jo's theme at Art Journal Journey. I look forward to seeing more pages in this mystery, mayhem, and magic book you are creating.

CJ Kennedy said...

One fish, two fish! Love it! I like the title of your Halloween book, too. Enjoy the rain!

Divers and Sundry said...

I love the theme of your book, so appropriate for the season :)

pearshapedcrafting said...

Fabulous art here Erika! The tag is my favourite, Hugs, Chrisx

The Padre said...

Like Wow, These Are So Cool - Stay Strong

Cheers

Let's Art Journal said...

Such amazing pages! You created a gorgeous book cover too and the title made me smile 😀. Your Halloween pages are fabulous, loving the stencilled texture paste and black spray and I thought the silver tape was metal until you said - stunning 😀. Thanks so much for inviting me to guest host over at Art Journal Journey this month and for all your support! Take care! Hugs, Jo x

craftytrog said...

Your altered book looks fabulous Erika, and I love your oriental tag!
Alison xx

nwilliams6 said...

Fab fish tag - how cool to have a Japanese Gardening book!

Your altered book is such a great idea and super fun!!!! Love your featured page - so perfect for the texture challenge and I love anything a bit spooky. Great post!!!

Jeanie said...

I like both these pieces, especially the fish. But the book is pretty cool and has to be fun to work in!

Lowcarb team member said...

Enjoyed all of your art here, but that tag is wonderful.

All the best Jan

Anne (cornucopia) said...

I always enjoy seeing Halloween artwork. I like the colors of your fish.

Karen said...

I love the Japanese book print tag ~ Very pretty! ~ Enjoy your week

Wilma Simmons (Empress Wu Designs) said...

Such a beautiful tag and great artwork👏

Words and Pictures said...

Oooh, those shadowy eerie pages are amazing!
Alison x