Saturday, September 19, 2020

Seed Pod Inspiration

Hi everyone. Happy weekend .  It is a crisp and cool Saturday morning here in New Hampshire. My hives aren't totally gone but are doing much better right now. That is  a reason to celebrate. Add that to this lovely morning, and it should be a good start to the day.

You might remember this photo from a recent post. I took this seed pod photo at Bedrock Gardens.


I love the shape of seed pods. There is something organic and interesting about them.  I used this one as inspiration to make a rubber stamp in the general shape and design of the photo.

With a few artistic embellishments of course.


I played around with ink colors, and then picked my 3 favorites. I cut them out and turned them into a plant with seed pods. Or if you prefer, they could be flowers too.



I added some "seeds" into these pods in the shape of some black and gold metallic confetti bits I had in my stash. I also used some black marker to add a few details. I created the stem with a green and also a brown crayon layered on top of each other.
I have not idea where the tag came from as it has been sitting on my work table since back in mid-July when I started making pages for last month's Art Journal Journey challenge, but I liked it with these 3 images and I also liked the texture of the stitching on it. Add that to the blue denim page that makes up the background , and there is lots of texture here.
So I am linking up this page to Jo's Texture challenge at Art Journal Journey.

Hope you like it.

The hubby and I just decided that since it is a nice day and too cold to use the boat, we are going to go out for a little road trip. See some different scenery. I think the trip to Vermont the other day for his meeting inspired us that we need to go do something fun, and not clean more of the basement for the third weekend in a row. 

Wishing you a good weekend too, and whatever you decide to do, enjoy!



 

13 comments:

Elkes Lebensglück said...

What a wonderful idea to make a print out of this seed pod. Your journal turned out beautiful with the fabric as a background!
I wish you a nice trip and weekend and take good care of you!
Greeting Elke

CJ Kennedy said...

Very cool stamp and I like the versatility of it being a seed pod or a flower. Enjoy your outing

Let's Art Journal said...

Amazing page and so much texture with the denim and seedpod flowers that you created so beautifully! I enjoyed seeing how they came together and I like the 3D effect that you created - gorgeous 😁. I hope you have a lovely relaxing time on the water on your boat trip, sounds perfect to me! It's hot and sunny here today so we are just sitting in the garden enjoying a beer or two ...lol 😀. Happy weekend! Hugs, Jo x

Valerie-Jael said...

I LOVE your seed pod stamp and journal page, it's fantastic. Great idea. Enjoy your weekend! Hugs, Valerie

Divers and Sundry said...

This is delightful. They remind me of the water lily seedpods I see at the park, and the design works so well as a flower. I know you'll enjoy your road trip. I'll look forward to photos :)

Marjut said...

Beautiful!

Barbara said...

So clever! I wondered what you might do with that artistic seed pod.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

You really did wonders with that seed pod inspiration, Erika. Glad to read you are feeling better and enjoy the day tripping. We are really liking our one day getaways within NH and hope to expand into other NE states.

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like your seed pod stamp and your journal page. Amazing idea.

Do hope you've had a great weekend.

All the best Jan

Carola Bartz said...

That is a great looking seed pod - do you know what it is? I bought a few of those as decoration, but I have no idea what it actually is. I love your creativity what you made out of it - it looks lovely!

R's Rue said...

So pretty.

craftytrog said...

A great idea for a stamp Erika, I love your page!
Alison xx

Meggymay said...

A super photo for your inspiration to create this journal page and make your own stamp to use. The Textures look great and super for Jo's AJJ theme.
Glad to read you are feeling a bit better.
Yvonne xx