Thursday, February 4, 2021

Little Books

 Hi everyone. 

The other day I went through 2 lessons of Creative Jumpstart. Today I thought I would show you my creations from January 20, where  Amanda Trought was our teacher.

This lesson was all about making mini-books.


I had lots of fun with this class.  I remember learning to make these books eons ago in another class I took, but the change of pace and refresher video was good on a snowy day.  I ended up making 3 books. The taller one in the back has blank pages still, but the two smaller front ones were made with paper that I had in my in my stack of ready to go sheets.

Here are 2 painted papers I used, one for each book. You can see I had started my folding and cutting before I photographed this first paper photo.




And here's what I did with each book.

The yellow striped book got a painted cover to somewhat match the inner pages.








And here's my other book. I took a different route with this one.






The punched out circles and their left over squares were truly a moment of spontaneity because  while I was looking for a few small packs of 6x6 paper I had to make  the book covers,  a whole stack of paper squares fell onto the floor.  They were just asking to be used.

That's all for me. Hope your week is going well. 
Thanks for visiting.





9 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

LOL. I had a nasty eye-infection, was banned to home and in the flow-magazine found materials and instructions to make a mini-book.
Stubborn. Not seeing much I did cause I was bored to the brim. Threw it away, it was a mess, LOL.

Love "Live in the moment", I always try to. And blurting out stuff like I want "breasts!", I think I´m good at the unexpected, too. Oh, help me Ronda... Great quotes, it try to be brave and think happy thoughts, especially now we need this, right.

Love your science-one, too! Have a nice day!

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your little books, so well made and one lovelier than the other. You used some great colours, too. Have a lovely day, hugs, Valerie

Barbara said...

I love these books! The first one would appeal to youngsters! It’s filled with positive thoughts. I had an urge years ago to make a book. It has blank pages, and I’m not filling them with anything yet. I found it a hard exercise, but I went about doing it without knowing how. I probably did everything the hard way. Lol!

CJ Kennedy said...

Fun, little books with their happy pages. Cardboard squares asking to be used in the project made me smile. Enjoy the sunshine!

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning Erika, Your little books look like a very fun project. I always wanted to learn how to hand sew a binding for little books too like Valerie makes. These books make really nice gifts too
Enjoy your day hugs Kathy

Jeanie said...

These are really cute, Erika -- and they look relatively complicated and like some good work went into them. It sounds like a fun class.

Divers and Sundry said...

I love your designs and the colors you used.

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, your mini books are amazing! The colours, patterns and words look so beautiful and made me smile - I love them 😁. Happy wishes! Hugs, Jo x

Cath Wilson said...

That looks like a fun class. Your books are wonderful and each so different. Love the words you used. I'm making books, too but coming from a very different angle, lol.
Cath x