Friday, February 5, 2021

Waxed Paper Inspiration


Happy first Friday of February everyone. 

I am here today with another page for Valerie's Heavy Metal challenge at Art Journal Journey. This is also my page I made for Creative Jumpstart for January 16. 

This day's class was presented by Tania Ahmed. She made a journal cover. I ended up making a journal page using some of her cool techniques.

I started with a piece of watercolor paper that I used to clean up a brush with some orange paint on it. I then added my acetate image of this vintage lady and also some flower images  from a magazine cover. (I took both of these off an old journal page I deconstructed.)
  This part of my page was already completed when I went to work on some techniques  learned in Tania's class.

I normally use wax paper to paint on and put it in between still slightly damp pages in journals to keep them from sticking together.  I use sheets several times and usually have a few laying around. I had a sheet with 3 blue circles on it.  There was also some bits of the same blue elsewhere on the sheet, and I like how  those  bits of blue connected the color to the circles.

Tania also painted wax paper and doodled on it. Then she crumpled it to get a fantastic wrinkled design. I used some gold metallic paint and also some black Sharpie to make marks on the bare spots of this piece of wax paper. I wrinkled and then tore my wax paper into little pieces and created my page's background
.
 

I also thought I could make one of the flowers into a clock, so I used some metal clock hands and a gemstone brad (all from my stash) to do that. 

I finished by stamping the quote (an vintage one from Stampers Anonymous) on some paper.

I just read about Creative Artiste's  More Mixed Media newest challenge, and first for 2021. Anything Goes is the theme, so I shall be linking up to here also.

There's my page. Hope you liked it.

Have a great start to your weekend!

18 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wow, Erika, what a fantastic journal page, love the great colours and. The quote is wonderful, too. And thanks for linking to my theme at AJJ, much appreciated! Have a wonderful Friday, hugs, Valerie

kathyinozarks said...

Awesome page Erika

nanskidrewski said...

I love all of the texture and color. Beautiful! Have a good weekend.

craftytrog said...

I really love your interpretation of Tania's class Erika! It's beautiful!!!
Have a lovely weekend,
Alison xx

Jeanie said...

This is a fun page and clever technique. Honestly, I don't know what I would do without waxed paper.

Let's Art Journal said...

A beautiful page! Looks like you had fun on your course using all those techniques to create your page too 😁. The textures looks amazing and I love the vintage grungy style too! Happy Friday and weekend! Hugs, Jo x

R's Rue said...

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

CJ Kennedy said...

Great page and I liked learning about those techniques, too. Fingers crossed no snow for Sunday.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Oh Erika it looks like you have been having so much creative fun in that daily challenge, you and Alison have produced so many lovely pages. The crinkled paper technique always gives great results and a clever addition of the hands the turn the flower face into a clock. Love this mixed media page, makes me think of Spring. So sorry i've not been around the past few weeks have made it difficult for me to get online. Happy creative weekend Hugs Tracey xx
.. and Thank YOU for sharing over at Creative Artiste x

Iris Flavia said...

Beautiful and yay for dreams... coming true!

Cath Wilson said...

Ooh, you've been challenged - brilliant! It's good to play on different surfaces and especially when it's using up scraps. Excellent.
Cath x

Barbara said...

Wax paper?? Genius! The result is interesting!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was sure I'd left a comment, but obviously not. This was on my screen when I returned to the computer today.

I'm not sure what I would do without wax paper OR cheap parchment paper I get at the Dollar Tree. However, when I'm working in someone else's book, I use Press-N-Seal, because wax paper has a tendency to slip when I use it. I sure like how you used it in this lovely piece inspired by Valerie's theme, though.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hi Erika! Wanted to come round and tell you how pretty your page is. Hope you are well and managing to have fun! xoxo

Marjut said...

Lovely page!

Divers and Sundry said...

ooo, I especially love how you did those flowers!

lichazul said...

Super beautiful page, congrats πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ’
Have a great day😊

Andree said...

A fabulous page. Great use of textures and colours.
Thank you for joining in with our February challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. Good luck x