Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Oh So Cute-Our New try It On Tuesday Challenge

 


Hi everyone. Time for a new challenge at Try It On Tuesday.

If you're  a cat person you may not appreciate my page today, but I am going to the dogs for this challenge.
Our latest  Try It On Tuesday  challenge is all about being cute, and perhaps like me you thinks dogs are cuties. There's a lot of  adorable faces here, and I tried to include as many types of dogs and faces as possible.

I started my page with paint and a stencil, and then I also added a bit of Dina Wakely's spray paints, just to make the background a little more interesting.

All the pup photos collaged on my page were taken by Jess Sweat. She is one of the 2 women who run the doggie daycare where my dog Maddie goes a couple of days a week to get a break from our other dog Pete. Jess is always taking photos of the dogs and posting them on FB. She does a great job capturing some interesting ones.  At the end of each year the doggie daycare give us a calendar with some of their best dog photos. I cut up some photos from the 2018 calendar to create this page.
 I even included my 2 dogs Maddie and Pete. Those of you who stop by frequently might be able to pick them out.

The bone at the bottom is an ancient stamp from the long defunct Autumn Leaves company.  I also added one of my dog's old dog tags to the top of the page so it would work for the Heavy Metal challenge at   Art Journal Journey.

Be sure to check out all the cute pieces from the design team at  for inspiration on the Try It On Tuesday. website.
And I hope to see your Oh So Cute art work too.
Thanks for visiting.

19 comments:

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love cats and dogs so really enjoyed looking at all these faces - OK, maybe I like cats a teensy bit more than dogs but doggie expressions are more varied! Love that painty background - great idea to add the tag! Hugs, Chrisx

Let's Art Journal said...

Dogs are definitely cuties to me! I love your page with all those adorable dog images that you recycled from the calendar and I saw that you added Maddie and Pete too - perfect 😁. Wishing you a wonderful week! Hugs, Jo x

Marjut said...

A great page. So many cute dogs.
Have a nice Tuesday!

Barbara said...

Neat! I’m a cats and dogs person. Love this page!

CJ Kennedy said...

Well, you've really gone to the dogs. 😉 So cute. I think I found both Maddie and Pete and I like the addition of the dog tag. I still have one of Ink's tags somewhere. Stay safe and warm today.

Helen said...

Oh my gosh... this is just too darn cute Erika! LOVE all the dogs and that sun burst.. perfect background!!! Have a super week! ((HUGS)) Helen

Meggymay said...

Its a real cute and sweet collage page with all those wonderful dogs to see. I was pleased you included your own, they might have been a bit upset if you missed them out.
I've had a lovely catch up, the snow seems to be visiting us all this year.
Stay safe and well Erika.
Yvonne xx

Gibby Frogett said...

awww adorable doggies - fab piece of art - really brightened my rainy afternoon and made me smile - thanks Erika :) Gill xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ahhh this is brilliant, what a great idea to show off those cuties!!! Love the smiley lab on the left!! Super sweet, love Hazel (GDT on TioT) x

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful journal page, love those dogs, what a fantastic collection, and your cuties, too! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Valerie-Jael said...

And thanks for linking to my heavy metal challenge, much appreciated! Hugs!

Iris Flavia said...

Some dogs can be cute.
And some are just...! My parents in law have a huge boxer.
I´m afraid of dogs and they told her to STAY. I stood in the kitchen, arms down, talking to my FIL.
When suddenly something HOT hit my hand.
Certainly she had to say hello, OH! How can a dog´s tongue be THAT hot?!
And from that point on she wouldn´t let go.
I wasn´t afraid, not really, but she did not let go!!!
Well, thanks to the pandemic I haven´t visited like forever and wonder if she will remember or fight me next time...

nwilliams6 said...

Oh my gosh! I love the dogs! Brilliant and fun page. I may have to try this challenge. Super cute page, Erika.

craftytrog said...

I love all animals Erika! Your page is gorgeous!
Hugs,
Alison xx

Jeanie said...

I like dogs, even though I have a cat lifestyle! But I see a couple here that I wouldn't mind having come home with me!

Divers and Sundry said...

I've had cats and dogs in the past and love your cuties here.

Joan said...

Fab journal page, love how many dogs you have managed to include, don't have a dog myself now but am "grandma" to my
Daughters gorgeous dog

Joan x

Lowcarb team member said...

This is so good, I love it.

All the best Jan

Mrs.B said...

There are some fabulous doggy faces on your page, and I must admit, I'm more of a dog lover than cats. Love the bright background, perfect for these cute dogs.
Avril xx