Sunday, May 1, 2022

May is Here

Hi everyone. Happy May Day to you.

As the new month begins I want to send one last round of thanks to Alison for being such a great host last month at Art Journal Journey. I also want to once again thank everyone who joined her also. April was a very good and very fun art journaling month from the looks of it.

Also since the new month is beginning, I want to welcome our new host at Art Journal Journey. This month we welcome, as we hope you will also, Matilde. You may know Matilde from her blog 100% Handmade. This is Matilde's first time hosting at Art Journal Journey

And this month Matilde's theme is another fun one. Matilde has chosen BIRDS.


My first page is whimsical. I started with 2 half dictionary pages that I painted with some watercolors.  Then I attached them to some white paper in my horizontal journal and added some watercolors around the page to pull it together as a single background.  I used my white cover up ink and painted some circles. I then stamped the grid over each of the circles.

The purple perch is a wrist band that was in my junk box which I cut open and glued down.  I stamped the 2 different bird images (from Katzelkraft) on white paper, and after fussy cutting them, I used watercolors as well as markers and a white pen to complete them. I attached them to the perch, and then stamped in the quote which is from another older set of bird stamps.  I drew the quote bubble and colored in the background so the quote would stand out. Finally I stamped some stars and colored them. I also added some little foam yellow stars too.  

And you thought most birds slept through the night-smile!

I can't wait to see everyone's bird inspired journal pages at Art Journal Journey. Just a reminder that at AJJ we only accept journal pages. Those pages may be in an actual journal or loose pages, and  those journal pages can be any size or medium.  No cards please. Also no tags, unless they are attached to a journal page. 

And of course, this month keep to a bird related theme.

Thanks so much for visiting, and have a great start to May. 







 

20 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love the whimsy of this first entry for Matilde's theme. It's so cute and not at all serious. Your use of that band as a perch was great recycling. I love how you used those dictionary pages in the background, too. Thanks for this lovely journal page you gave us for Art Journal Journey, dear.

Matilde said...

Oh, this is beautiful Erika! I like your stamping, the background is really great! And the birds are simply stunning :) Thank you for joining my theme :) Have a nice Sunday!

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Erika, I LOVE your party birds. Great idea and wonderful colours. Thanks for the smile this morning! Happy May Day, take care, hugs, Valerie

Angie's Recipes said...

Cute lilac birds! Happy May, Erika.

Meggymay said...

An adorable row of cute birds and I hope they enjoy the party, its a fabulous page and inspiration for the new AJJ theme
Yvonne xx

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning Erika, I Love your page for the new theme-so fun and love the colors too.
Happy first day of May hugs Kathy

CJ Kennedy said...

Hopefully, it will warm up so we can party at night, outside, without having to wear heavy coats and mittens. The sun is out today. Enjoy the day unless you stayed up too late partying!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Birds! Now there's a theme to die for, Erika, and I expect you to apply all your creative energies to presenting them in myriad different ways. You will be able to have flights of fancy, soar to new heights, feather your nest, contemplate that a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, don't even dare to think of killing two birds with one stone, but if you want to fantasize about The Owl and The Pussycat, dance to Swan Lake, or dream of the first cuckoo in spring go right ahead. There are no limits to what you will come up with, I am sure. Hugs, David

R's Rue said...

Good morning my friend. Have a wonderful day.

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love this fun page for Matilde's AJJ theme! Fabulous colours and those birds are such great characters! Hugs, Chrisx

nwilliams6 said...

Erika, the colors are sooooo fun, but the birds steal the show. Whimsical and super happy - makes me smile! LOVE IT! Hugz

The Padre said...

Dynamite - Also, Loved The Maniac Photos As Well - Happy May

Cheers

Divers and Sundry said...

Part time with the birds! I'm in :)

carol l mckenna said...

Wonderful colors and whimsy ~ love it! Xo

Wishing you laughter and love in your days,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Lowcarb team member said...

Love your birds, a great page.
Happy Wishes coming your way, have a good month of May.

All the best Jan

Iris Flavia said...

I love this, let´s party!!!

Let's Art Journal said...

What a fun page! Loving the vibrant colours and of course those fun birds are adorable 😀. I can't wait to join in the fun, Matilde is such a fabulous artist and has chosen a great theme. Happy wishes! Hugs Jo x

junemac2 said...

wowser !! what a fun colourful and unique page. Love this one lots.
hugs June x

Aimeslee Winans said...

Nice page, adorable birds! xoxo

Sharon Fritchman said...

Oh wow! I love the colors and whimsical nature of your beautiful page! Just fabulous!!!