Monday, May 23, 2022

T Stands for The Weekend's Excitement

 Hi everyone. Happy Tuesday (or Monday night) to you. It's time for T over at Bleubeard's and Elizabeth's blog where we share our drink related posts and often chat a bit.

This week is definitely not one of my exciting posts, but I do have 3 drinks to share.

Last weekend I attended a wedding on Saturday night and then my niece's bridal shower Sunday morning at 11. I wish I had taken photos from the wedding as it was held at an ocean side resort in Kennebunkport, Maine. It was quite pretty. The bride is a friend of my daughter's whom we've known since they were both 2 years old. The couple had their ceremony on a pretty knoll overlooking the harbor.


The only photo I remembered to take at the wedding was this chocolate stout I had which was delicious. 

My niece's bridal shower was in the other direction as it was down in Sturbridge, Massachusetts. The shower was also very lovely. And I did remember to take a photo of my plate from the buffet brunch where you can see both my glass of water and the Mimosa with pineapple juice. 


The brunch was yummy. I picked a mix of breakfast and lunch items. 

It was nice to catch up with some people I hadn't seen in awhile.  I had fun at both events, including quite a bit of dancing at the wedding.   I'm a bit of a worry wart about catching covid though, so hopefully my worry will be for nothing.

That's all for me this week. It's been a busy day, and I'm tired tonight.
Thanks for visiting, and I hope you have a happy T day and week ahead. 






19 comments:

The Padre said...

Delicious Brew And Gorgeous Brunch - Love The Funny Toucans Post For Sure - Big Hugs

Cheers

Iris Flavia said...

Hmmmm chocolate stout! Last Saturday I was looking for that but we ended up again with strawberry.
Yummy brunch!
Now this was a short - but happy one :-)
To dancing and a happy T-day, hugs!

Mae Travels said...

What fun events! It's wonderful that they continue despite the risks of Covid, and I hope you don't get infected. Life right now is so fragile!

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Valerie-Jael said...

Looks like the food and drinks were good. I've never had choclate stout, and never seen it over here. Have a restful day and catch up on your sleep, hugs, Valerie

Angie's Recipes said...

Congratulations to your niece! The buffet brunch looks really good.

nwilliams6 said...

You had me at chocolate stout!!!

Happy T-day, Erika.

Looks like some good food and drinks - yum! Hugz

CJ Kennedy said...

Sounds like a really fun weekend. The plate you made at the bridal shower looks so artfully arranged. Pineapple mimosa sounds so good. Happy T Day

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning, fun weekend-My husband would have enjoyed your chocolate stout and the breakfast plate looks delicious. Happy T

Empire of the Cat said...

Sounds like a fun weekend Erika. The chocolate stout looks interesting and the brunch plate looks good too. Happy T Day Elle/EOTC xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I want that chocolate stout. It sounds absolutely lovely and you know that stout is the only beer I drink.

Sounds like a very nice and exciting weekend. Nice to see not only a lovely buffet plate, but your water and a pineapple mimosa. Thanks for sharing these weekend drinks with us for T this Tuesday, dear Erika.

Jackie McGuinness said...

I am very leery about attending events as I do not want to catch Covid!!
I get my second booster in a couple of weeks so that should help with my anxiety.

Linda Kunsman said...

Now that sounds like a really lovely weekend and the wedding resort sounds absolutely beautiful! that's a really nice buffet luncheon you had, and the chocolate stout sounds quite tempting as well. Happy T day!

DVArtist said...

So glad you had a nice time. The drinks look wonderful. Have a wonderful day today.

Kate Yetter said...

It sounds like a wonderful weekend. Your brunch looks delicious!
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Divers and Sundry said...

That brunch! Lovely :) I've never heard of using pineapple juice in a mimosa. I'll hafta try it. Happy T Tuesday

jinxxxygirl said...

Looks like you had a lovely time.. Sometimes we just have to take what precautions we can then jump in and hope for the best. Happy T day! hugs! deb

Aimeslee Winans said...

That food looks scrumptious! xoxo

Jeanie said...

Your plate looks lovely! A wonderful buffet and I'm glad you had a good time. (I hear you on the Covid. Just keep watching and give yourself a week. That's what the tests are for and hopefully you won't have to use one!)

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I know at least one person in this household who would have savored that chocolate stout (hint it is not me). It sounded like you definitely had a very busy and fun weekend and rest is always needed after one like that!