Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Add Some Text

 Hi everyone. 

The last 2 weeks have flown by,  and it is time again for a new challenge at Try It On Tuesday. First let me thank Rosi for being our guest designer for our Winter Blues challenge, and let me also thank everyone who joined in.

This time our new challenge is 

Add Some Text



I made an art journal page in my small journal. If you look carefully, this page is slightly different from the one on the TIOT page, mainly because I added some details to the bow after I linked up to TIOT..

I started making my page by adding the calendar edge (from an old calendar) and then I used  Distress Stain to color my background. Does Tim Holtz even make the stains any more? I found several in a bag when I was recently cleaning up my work space, and I figured I might as well use them. (I hadn't used mine in a long time and last time I did a good cleaning, about 2 years ago,  I was planning on getting rid of all my stains. I'm glad I decided to let them sit in the bag behind some bins because I do like how they look. 👍)

It's also interesting how the 2 types of paper stained slightly different colors.

After the stain dried I used  a stencil and some bright green paint to decorate the background. I found the frame and the woman's face (2 different images) in my stash. I punched out the face so it would fit in the frame. After attaching them, I used a die cut to make the bow and the 2 garlands. I added some little foam confetti flowers to the garlands. Then I added a painted chipboard bee. I stamped the quote on white paper and the fussy cut it out.

Check out the other design teams art to get some more text ideas, and hopefully you will be inspired to join us at TIOT. This challenge runs for the next 2 weeks. 

I am also linking my page up to my It's On The Calendar challenge at Art Journal Journey. I would love to see you join us there also, but remember no cards, tags, ATC's are accepted at that challenge. This challenge runs through the month of January.

Thanks for stopping by.



18 comments:

Let's Art Journal said...

What a beautiful page! Loving the colours, they remind me of spring and the text and pretty lady are perfect - stunning 😊. Happy wishes! Hugs, Jo x

Joan said...

Great page, love the use of the calendar page and framed vintage lady


Joan x

Tom said...

...and there is poetry among all of nature.

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love this page Erika and of course the quote is so true (my dad would despair asI tried to save wild flowers )
Theses colours are fabulous and are a perfect background for your lady! Isn't it great to use up the date parts of old calendars? Hugs, Chrisx

R's Rue said...

So pretty

DVArtist said...

This is really pretty. Great job. Have a nice day today.

Christine said...

Lovely art

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely page, and just right for your challenge, too! Hugs, Valerie

*Vicki* said...

Such a beautiful and elegant looking page Erika! I love the way you've added the calendar edge with your coloring over top! wonderful Vintage image too! I do love adding text!! Hope I can play!

craftytrog said...

I love this page Erika, the colours are gorgeous!
Alison

Angie's Recipes said...

The page looks so beautiful. I love esp. the touch of bee.

Meggymay said...

You will have guessed Erika that I am having a good catch up and reading your posts, first of all I found the one about the voting very interesting, here in the UK the news only seems to touch on who the main candidates are and no need to mention who is spoken about the most.
I am loving the art pages you are creating and am realy sorry I don't get to take part in other challenge themes these days.
Yvonne x

Lowcarb team member said...

I think the colours are lovely.

All the best Jan

Aimeslee Winans said...

Beautiful! Love the colors, xoxo

Neet said...

Such a lovely page. I do like the shades of green on the blue background contrasting with the green of the main focal point.
The back ink of the calendar page just stamped behind adds the perfect amount of contrast to the whole.
Hugs, Neet xx

Mrs.B said...

Love the shades of green on the background of this page Erika making the paler shades on the frame with the white highlights just 'pop'. You've used a lovely image and quote.
Avril xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

The colours remind me of spring too... I never want to rush time but feel like 4 weeks into a rubbish January it's felt like a whole season!! Roll on Spring!
Pretty focal Erika, the broken calendar works so well around her.
Hugs Tracey xx

Pia S said...

The colors make this page quite striking, an original but fabulous choice for a vintage design.