Saturday, January 13, 2024

Weekend Art

 Happy weekend everyone. I hope you are enjoying yours.

This past week, besides dealing with covid, it's been a busy weather week. We had snow, rain, slush, and now we're right back a wet mess again. 

The other day I had a wintery art journal page celebrating January. Today I'm celebrating the summer season, for those of you who prefer it. Or are ready for it. Or maybe even in it right now. 

This is my latest page for the It's On The Calendar challenge at Art Journal Journey.


I started by using paint and inks to color my background. Then I stamped a big tree image in the center of my page. I  die cut some leaves using green paper. I inked the leaves a bit with a darker green color to really bring out the embossed pattern in the die.

After my leaves were attached, I added this large circular acetate frame. The bottom of the frame had some lovely summer flowers printed on it, and I thought that pattern worked well around the tree. I also thought I'd add a TH woman because someone should be out enjoying that beautiful day.  

And to add a bit of more of summer, you can see the blue felt butterfly that I decorated with some details. I finished off this page with a marker drawn frame and a bit of stamping. 

I'm also excited to finally be back making art. I created a tag for Pinky's Something New theme at Tag Tuesday


I tried something new by layering 3 different sized tags. While recently cleaning I came across the mini blue tag. I used ink pads to color my other 2 tags so they would coordinate with the blue tag. Then I outlined each tag with a gold Sharpie. 

I glued the tags together, and then used the number background stamp in a few random spots.  After that I glued down the 5 women, who I like to think of as some of those early computers-women who did all the calculations for men in some industries like aerospace.  (They should have been allowed to be in that industry, but that's another story.) 
To celebrate them, I took a piece of paper printed with some gold outlined roses. I fussy cut out some roses and added them to my page. Finally I took a TH quote sticker and added it to my tag.

I am also linking up to GIllena's Sunday Smiles

There you have it. I hope you have a super weekend. 

23 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

Both pages are lovely, I adore esp. the pinky one though.

Tom said...

...here today, summer looks a long ways off. Take care and be well.

Harvee said...

Very interesting and colorful tags.

Iris Flavia said...

Your art is so clever!
And the funny thing is, I love summer and the dude who was born that day, look:
"Carl Exter (born June 11, 1816 in Zweibrücken; † October 30, 1870 in Munich) was a German railway engineer and inventor.
Exter designed a lever brake. This is still known today as the external brake or external lever brake..."
Love the happy colors, the lady and how you arranged it all, beautiful, also the quote.

And the three tags - brilliant idea! Have a great weekend, hugs

lichazul said...

beautiful Page and Tag, the colors and texture are amazing , congrats
happy weekend :)

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Erika, looks like we both haven't got good weather for going ou, but as we love art and reading, I think we will have no problems with getting bored. Love your new summer lady, green all around her - these days will come again! And your 3 tag tag is great I've made 2 tag tags and 4 tag tags, but never 3 tag tags. Thanks so much for linking again to Tag Tuesday, much appreciated. Enjoy your weekend, take care of yourself, hugs, Valerie

Christine said...

Lovely page and tag, here's to summer!

Divers and Sundry said...

I hope your covid is soon but a distant memory. My husband will take his first test this afternoon after his exposure earlier in the week. Why aren't people masking anymore?!

sirkkis said...

Beautiful art, Erika.
Happy, inspiring upcoming new week xx
P.S. I'm wishing your health is OK, and all is right !

Neet said...

Sorry you are still suffering with Covid. There are a lot of long lasting chesty colds about here in the UK but they don't seem to be Covid related.
How refreshing it was to open your blog post and see this lovey June page. It is so bright and sunny it made me feel instantly happy. Outside is so grey and gloomy and I long for Spring so your post has cheered me no end.
Lovely idea with the tag too - nice to see three tags used in this way.
Hugs, Neet xx

Lowcarb team member said...

How nice to see a June page, and I do like that tag.
Take care, feel well and be well soon.
My good wishes.

All the best Jan

Michele said...

these are beautiful tags! thanks for linking to tag tuesday! xo

DVArtist said...

Really wonderful art. The photo of the lady looks like my great grandma. I had to do a double take. LOL Have a nice evening.

Gillena Cox said...

Ah yes; The Sahara Dust in my area was quite severe. So i got sick for Christmas. I am much better now.
Plus i am still on drops and post op visits after my cataract surgery in December. Holding out there also (with clearer vision)
Wishes for a Happy Creative 2024

Much♡love

ashok said...

Both are nice!

Aimeslee Winans said...

I really enjoy seeing your collages and these are super. Yup. guess y'all have had a rollercoaster weather week too. We fixing to take the sharp descent in the ride but we will survive, lol. Monday and Tuesday nights will be our worst. At first they wwere saying 48 straight hours below freezing, but now it's just after dark. I always think of all my neighbors in their heated homes in flip flops and shorts, it's practically a sickness down South. One benefit of old age: no more shorts! lol xoxo

peppylady (Dora) said...

I like your art. I been working on art over the weekend.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Beautiful artwork. I love seeing the green! Is it Spring yet? I'm assuming you're getting the bitterly cold weather now, just like I am. :-( - Anne (Cornucopia)

*Vicki* said...

Oh yes! I love the warm sunshine feel to your page here! Please bring on the heat! LOL Your tag is stunning with the layers! I love the texture and colors! Stay warm my friend!

R's Rue said...

Beautiful

pearshapedcrafting said...

What fabulous colours on your journal page, Spring will soon be here! Love the layered tag. hugs, Chrisx

Sandra Wright. said...

A wonderful Tag, love everything about it and the image of the ladies is just fabulous.
Thank you for playing a long at Tag Tuesday.

pinky said...

Beautiful projects Erika! I love your journal page, really sparks the imagination! I love how you layered tag on tag for your tag this week (that's a lot of tags)! Beautiful colour mix too. Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Tag Tuesday.
Pinky