Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Ready for Green

Hi everyone. Happy middle of the week to you.

Today I have a journal page to share for Art Journal Journey  and my it's on the calendar theme.  I made another ode to a month page; this time I chose March.

March can be a tough month in New Hampshire. While many places are getting signs of spring, we might be having a blizzard. Or we might be having signs of spring ourselves. You just never know.

But March is still a very good month because 1) it is my birthday month, 2) the spring equinox arrives which means it is usually our last wintery month, and 3) this year I have a very long time  planned  girlfriends adventure which I am quite excited about. (More about the adventure at a later date.)


I used a lot of green on my page because by March, I am sick of the browns and greys of winter.  Probably my area is in the middle of a brown mud season too.  By March, I am really wanting to see some green  outside my windows.

I started my page by tearing up a sheet of account-graph style paper and attaching those pieces. Then I stamped a few background images. After that I added an image of clover that I had, as well as some gold metallic paper clovers, an old scrapbooking calendar piece, and a TH girl. I think she's ready to go play in the March mud, but in that pretty light colored dress, I think her teddy bear would be a much cleaner choice.

I die cut the March word, stamped a few circles, and then to pull the whole page together, I sponged just a little  bit of gesso  randomly around the page. Finally, I drew a frame around the page.

The other day when I went outside I noticed some dog ice prints on the deck. Usually I just see indistinguishable dog prints, but these were cool, like the pads on their feet soaked up the water. I thought I would share them.









As I said to the dogs, if these were part of a murder investigation, you'd have been caught red handed. 😏 Hope you didn't think they were too boring either. 

Thanks for stopping by.


18 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

The page is so well designed, Erika. Those dog prints are cute.

hels said...

Spring, when it arrives, will be delightful. My American irc friends have had to deal with power failures , icy dangerous roads and houses snowed in until someone digs them out.
No more browns and greys!!

Valerie-Jael said...

Oh, I love those prints. The first one looks a bit like a panda face. I would have taken pics, too! Love your gorgeous page and I am very curious about your girls adventure....Do as much as you can as long as you can! Hugs, Valerie

David M. Gascoigne, said...

When I even see the words New Hampshire of late I can barely bring anything to mind other than Trump. Surely he will be rejected by the voters there…..well, that’s my hope, but I don’t have much faith it will happen. Madness is about upon the land. The dog prints are quite lovely and a story could be woven around them, as you say. All the best - David

Iris Flavia said...

Awwww!!! I am sorry, but the paw-prints steal the whole show!!!! Awwwww! Peanut left me some the other day, too. And Henry, also.
The only nice things about winter!
Well, to March? I´ll be back from summer to spring then. Hm, not that bad! :-) Hugs

Tom said...

...I'm ready for green, but I will need to be patient.

Christine said...

Nice page with the March greens. Love the doggie prints.

Divers and Sundry said...

Cool prints!

March is unpredictable here, but we start getting spring flowers in February.

Jeanie said...

Those prints look like BIGFOOT! Are you sure your husband's statue didn't come alive????

Love your new page!

craftytrog said...

I love the paw prints Erika, and your page is beautiful! March sounds like a great month for you.
Hugs,
Alison

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like your March page (your birthday will be here before you know it) and the dog prints are brilliant.

All the best Jan

Mae Travels said...

I can hardly bear to think about March because it seems so far in the future and I feel condemned to six more weeks of January and February. This cold is endless to me.
best,mae at maefood.blogspot.com

CJ Kennedy said...

I am so ready for green. Love the pawprints. Some of them made faces! Stay warm over the next couple of days

Aimeslee Winans said...

Wow, those prints are wild! Nice journal page and I hope your girlfriend adventure happens as planned. xoxo

Anupama K. Mazumder said...

I love March too, because my child's birthday is in it! The paw-prints in snow makes me wonder about the cuteness of our furry friends :).

https://www.volatilespirits.com/

kathyinozarks said...

Very cool paw prints, and I am liking your journal page too-hugs Kathy

pearshapedcrafting said...

Not long till March Erika! I love your page! We are told that we are going back to rainy days with slightly higher temperatures but for the past two days we have had sun and clear blue sky and although it's been cold it has been fantastic! We've still got areas in the shade with snow in them. I love those paw prints. Hugs, Chrisx

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Great art and photos! Those dog footprints do look interesting. After the snow here, I saw deer and fox footprints in my yard. :-)