Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Winter Blues

 Hi everyone.

It's January 9,  and that means it's time for our first challenge of 2024 at Try It on Tuesday 

Our first challenge for this year is

Winter Blues

You have a choice this time, winter or blue. Or both winter and blue. ๐Ÿ˜

I started this page by recycling a scrap of wrapping paper from Christmas. There wasn't anything left to wrap, and it seemed like a waste to throw this bigger piece away.


Plus it works great for a winter page. I tore it into smaller pieces and did a lot of layering. 

Then I added an assortment of  art pieces including an acetate frame, a left over stamped hat and stamped quote as well as die cutting the snowflake border and the snow man. I used some acrylic paint to fill in the snow man as well as using some glitter glue on the hat. And I added the January calendar piece, but this page works just as well as a winter page, which is also a calendar season.

I'm also sharing my page for my It's On The Calendar challenge at Art Journal Journey.  I decided to make today's page as an ode to this first month of 2024.

Don't forget you have 2 weeks to join us with your winter and/or blue creations at Try It On Tuesday.  Be sure to check out the design team's creations also. There are some great ideas there. Next week we'll share the top 5 for our last challenge in 2023; remember the Santa challenge?

That's all for me. Thanks for stopping by, and I hope your day is going well.





17 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

Such a beautifully designed winter page! Love the hat on the top of calender with some pinky touch....just lovely!

Tom said...

...I'm hungry to see a blue sky!

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely piece, gorgeous blues. I managed a walk today, too, it was so lovely at the Rhine! Hugs, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, well, I just need to look out the window, brrrrr, yours looks much friendlier, both! Hugs

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a fabulous page! Loving the snowflake tissue paper background and the snowman is such fun ๐Ÿ˜Š. Wishing you all the best for 2024! Hugs, Jo x

Joan said...

Fabulous page, great use of the wrapping paper and I love the addition of the calendar and that cute snowman


Happy New Year


Joan x

Anonymous said...

Lovely blues -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

Rostrose said...

Dear Erika, winter and an icy blue go together perfectly. The main thing is that you don't have the winter blues, because that wouldn't be nice at all!
I'm glad that you were able to recycle beautiful paper on the one hand and create such a pretty page on the other.
I wish you and everyone you love a happy, healthy and peaceful New Year ๐Ÿ„๐Ÿ€!
All the best, Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2024/01/rostrosen-weihnachten-2023-tiergarten.html

Jeanie said...

I love the colors on this. There is something about snowflakes that always makes me happy! As long as they aren't in my yard!

*Vicki* said...

Oh how fun is that background! I love the little pieces placed for the background along with that darling snowman! The icicles are a nice border at the top and your clear calendar addition makes a fabulous page!! Nicely done!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This worked out so well for both your theme at AJJ and at TioT. LOVE the calendar and the snowflake background. You put a LOT of thought and work into this spread, Erika. Thanks for another great entry at AJJ.

Aimeslee Winans said...

That snowflake paper was an inspired choice and your collage/design is lovely. And there's Rosetti. She gets around this time of year, lol. XOX

Viv said...

Wonderful winter page Erika!

Divers and Sundry said...

I like the way you made the background. It's perfect!

Meggymay said...

First of all I send you and yours my very best wishes for the coming year. I am always catching up, on the computer some days even typing in a message is difficult when the fingers have other ideas, but I have so enjoyed reading your posts and looking at your art pages. I love the blues for TioT's and your calendar pages.
Yvonne xx

Neet said...

This blue page is fabulous, it made me feel chilly as I looked at it and thought about winter time outside despite my being warm and cosy with the central heating.
A great idea to use the wrapping paper, makes sense, now why did I not think to save some?
Hugs, Neet xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

It's a fabulous page Erika- I'm guessing that you have snow now. Huge, Chrisx