Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Hot and Cold

 Hi everyone. Happy Wednesday. I hope your week is going well. 

Today I have a new page to share today for my It's On the Calendar challenge at Art Journal Journey. I cut out the phone image you see on my page from a magazine because I thought it was interesting.  I decided to make my page around it.


Liza is so excited that Bernardo has called and has come to visit just like he said he would. They have been in a torrid romance for the last several months, and I am assuming from this picture that  they still are. ❤

For my background I used some pieces of a chopped up old calendar.  I painted circles with some blue paint that I squeezed out of a tube. I guess I squeezed too hard because I had enough blue paint for 3 pages. 😏 Once the blue paint dried, I then covered the background with some transparent red oxide paint to get my final background color.

By this point I had picked out this image from Stamperia's Tango set. Since I thought some flowers were necessary for the picture, I used some scraps of printed tissue paper in areas of my background. After that I decided my background was  too disconnected, so I reached for a scrunched up paper towel and some gesso to pull it all together.

I finished my page  with a few more items. The quote is just something I typed up. I used some old 7Gypsies stamps to make the lamp and the clock. I liked the idea of the clock since calendars are really just long term clocks, measuring days and weeks rather than just minutes and hours. And even though they didn't photograph well, I added a few little gold pieces around the doorway of the cantina.
And there you have it.

My page might be hot and steamy, but here in New Hampshire  it is not hot and steamy. Here's a couple of icy photos from my last couple of morning walks.




It's been nice walking lately (except when it's been too cold or wet) because a culvert half way along my road washed out during a recent storm. Not that the damaged culvert makes it nice, but the road is closed at the midpoint. That means the only traffic is local traffic, not people cutting over from the next town. I've had days when I've walked with no traffic at all. I love it.


That's all for me. Enjoy your day, and I'll remind you that there is still a week to join in at AJJ if you should be interested. 








 




19 comments:

sirkkis said...

Your page is romantic and I like the creative layout, well done, Erika.

Your primary election in New Hampshire was reported in our television, and I noticed that there weather was just the same as here. Our TV journalist was dressed in winter clothes standing outside in snowy scene!

Have a nice middle of the week, my friend xx

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Beautiful winter scenes in New Hampshire. Enjoy the season! All the best - David

Tom said...

...Erika, your ice images are gorgeous.

Angie's Recipes said...

The tango couples are just so lovely. The page is so beautifully and creatively designed, Erika.

Christine said...

Lovely page!

Jeanie said...

You have definitely maxed out the beauty of ice in these photos. Just fabulous. What a beautiful area for a walk!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

What great ice shots, Erika, and today we have had some light snow from overnight and then a day of flurries which closed schools, senior centers and similar places where folks gather. This snowfall will be short lived as we have temps in the mid 30s, but I am ready for the next one. Lentil soup is on the menu for tonight

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely page, a bit of hot romance could be good in this cold weather. Love the icy photos you took, so pretty. I still have a few pages for your challenge! Hugs, Valerie

Divers and Sundry said...

"Hot and steamy" :) I love that romantic page. I'm looking forward to hot and steamy weather. We're having cool, gray rain this week.

Mae Travels said...

Sometimes it’s hard to see the beauty of ice because it would be so wonderful to have some sunshine. But yes, ice is lovely.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Lowcarb team member said...

I love your page and enjoyed seeing your photographs.

All the best Jan

Violetta said...

Oh, we had some ice too, but it has all melted away with the warm wind which is blowing now...up to 15 degrees Celsius...in January very seldom.
Wish you a good time and all the best
Violetta

Carola Bartz said...

Your icy pictures really need the hot and steamy contrast, Erika! I love the icy pictures, though. I always thought that winter offers so many great motifs for photographing - one of the real advantages of this season. When I still lived in Germany I loved to take walks in the cold when the sun was shining, it was so darn beautiful. I miss that sometimes. Hugs - Carola

Iris Flavia said...

Such a clever, fun, wonderful page and thank you for explaining how you created it!
And wow... Cold can be beautiful! But am I thankful we go away from that so soon!
The more I enjoyed these artful shots of Mother Nature´s creation, hugs and to a great day!

NatureFootstep said...

I love when the water ice looks like that. :)

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a fabulous page! Your couple aren't feeling your cold temperatures at all! Your photos are fascinating - those icicles are so clear! Hope it continues to ve good walking weather. Hugs, Chrisx

Aimeslee Winans said...

What a fun journal page and story. Enjoy your private walk while it lasts and hope the weather is kind. xoxo

Neet said...

I don't remember any 'steamy' romances in my past like this couple are portraying. What have I missed out on, or have I just forgotten?
Fabulous page Erika, such a story could be woven around that page and I love your description of Liza and Bernardo having been in a "torrid" romance for several months.
Had to smile at your description of the old calendar pages being chopped up and then blue paint used to incorporate circles on it. I too am so often guilty of squeezing too much paint out but often it just gets wiped up. Love the addition of the clock which I think is perfect for your theme along with the red telephone.
This has captivated my imagination. yet I visualise it being in France. Guess I took no notice of the name above the door.
Hugs, Neet xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I wondered where the story was taking us for a moment hee hee.. how romantic, like something from the silver screen, loving the hints of red they really flow with the firey heat of the moment. Enough to melt all that ice and snow away.. The weather has been rather crazy around the world. Hugs Tracey xx