Wednesday, January 3, 2024

The 4 Seasons

Hi everyone. Happy Wednesday to you. I hope you're having a nice start to week 1 of 2024. I have a couple of routine things on my calendar this week (like a much needed haircut), but mostly I'm trying not to get sick since my husband has covid.  Luckily he is only mildly sick, and so far I'm feeling fine.  The covid tests I've done have both been  negative. 👍 Let's hope I'm not jinxing it by writing this- hee hee hee. 

And fyi- the hubby is doing OK too. It's like he has a cold, and he just gets tired. Just an occasional cough and  a lot of sneezing.  He even took the decorations and lights off the Christmas tree the other day, but it did take him all day with lots of resting in between. However, since he is immune suppressed he's going in for an anti-viral infusion. They say he's most likely going to be positive for a longer period of time needs to be isolated for double the time most everyone else needs to.  I hope he doesn't drive  me crazy as he's not the best of patients -hee hee hee.

Today I have a calendar inspired art journal page that let me play with some old and not much  lately used rubber stamps. This season set is an oldie from Hero Arts. And of course, I'm linking up to my It's On the Calendar challenge at Art Journal Journey.


I started by stamping the seasonal squares in multiple colors directly on my page.  I used an older clock stamp around them, and I also used some ink on the background  to give it a bit of color. After that I again stamped my season images on white paper (with varying colored inks). I cut them out, and then added them onto my page. I stamped the phrase, as well as adding some washi tape along the edge Finally, I used a black Sharpie and did some outlining.

And I'll end this post with a few seasonal photos I took last week during a walk in and out of my mother-in-law's home.



There isn't a lot of bright color right now, so it's easy spot when you come across it.



And lastly, let me share this photo of my crazy dog (Miss Maddie) who doesn't care how cold the water is. 


Have a great middle of your week.





 

17 comments:

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I hope that your husband recovers quickly and that he develops immunity as a result of the infection. It is often said that”he or she is not the best patient” but I can tell you from personal experience that a well-meaning, overly attentive caregiver, can drive you crazy too! All the best - David

Iris Flavia said...

Fingers and toes crossed all goes well, Covid-wise!
Great page, oh, I can´t wait to escape this nasty weather!
Beautiful pics, too, have a great day, hugs

Angie's Recipes said...

LOL @ Maddie...she seems really enjoy her life. Hope your husband feels better soon.

Tom said...

...take care and stay well.

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm glad you're negative so far and that he's not having a bad case of it. Those seasonal sky photos have that wintry atmosphere. Your dog is ready for anything :) Sweet!

DVArtist said...

Glad to hear hubby is doing OK and you are clean of covid. The calendar looks lovely. Great photos too. Have a nice day.

Christine said...

Glad you are still negative fingers crossed. Lovely page and photos

Valerie-Jael said...

I hope your husband gets over the Covid soon, look after him. Love the pics with the fungi on the branches / logs, esypecilly the red ones. Maddie seems to like the cold! Hugs, Valerie

Jeanie said...

What IS that red? It's fascinating and the lake is beautiful!

Neet said...

Love the photos especially Maddie swimming. Was that her New year's Dip?
Good to hear hubby is not too ill with the dreaded Covid and so far you have held it off. Fingers crossed for both of you.
Your journal page is lovely, so colourful and what a lovely idea to use the seasons. Good idea to use the clocks for the passage of time throughout the year.
Hugs, Neet xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hoping you get out of this without getting Covid and Hubby has a quick recovery. Those are some spooky looking lake and sky photos. I believe we just finished getting the southern tail of the weather system y'all are gonna get this weekend. They're all talking about some 40/70 Benchmark ???? All I know is they are telling us we're just going to keep getting cold front systems one after another that bring rain then cold. Which I guess is why we are supposed to have a wet but mild winter. And then people down here are freaked out about the Polar Vortex weakening and leaking out cold air down to us and getting a repeat of the Feb. 2021 freeze. I'm like, make up yo mind people, either it's gonna be mild or not. I think some folks just cannot stand it unless they are up to their ears in drama, sheesh. Anyway, hope your weekend doesn't have bad weather. Nice aj page, the seasons are a good way to do your theme. xoxo

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Great artwork and photos, but I shivered when I saw Maddie in the water. Wow! I hope your husband feels better soon.

*Vicki* said...

A lovely page with all of the colors and each season being represented! The overcast photo is looking pretty much like our day over here right now. Lovely photos and wishing your hubby and you good health and healing! HUGS

Words and Pictures said...

Absolutely love those seasonal squares - what a cheerful patchwork page! Sorry to hear you're dealing with Covid - I hope your husband makes a full recovery soon, and that you continue to avoid infection. Lovely photos from out and about.
Alison x

craftytrog said...

A great page and lovely nature & Maddie photos Erika.
I hope your husband recovers soon, it took me 3 weeks to test negative last January, as I'm immuno-suppressed too. I also suffered with muscle fatigue afterwards. I'm only just starting to feel stronger again after almost a year! Hope you manage to stay healthy.
Hugs,
Alison

pearshapedcrafting said...

Pleased to know that hubby didn't get a really bad experience with Covid - hope he feels better soon and has kept it to himself! I love your seasonal page great colours. Fabulous pics but the one of your mad Maddie swimming made me shiver! Hugs, Chrisx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I hope by now your husband is on the mend.

This is a lovely page. I will be singing that song all day, now. Thanks for this great entry you have given us with the seasons using your theme at AJJ.

Some of your photos are stunning and some look like where I live (without the water, of course).