Wednesday, January 10, 2024

She Has a Busy Week Ahead

 Hi everyone. Happy middle of the week to you.

Our weather's a bit of a mess this morning. We had snow, and then it changed to rain with wind. Or at least that's what it is supposed to have done. This is a scheduled post because there is a chance I might not have power this morning.

Yesterday morning, pre-storm, we had an amazing sunrise.


Of course, the color disappeared quickly and then we had grey skies. Winter sunrises and sunsets always seem to have amazing colors, especially when the skies aren't blue.

I'm here today to share another page for my On the Calendar challenge at Art Journal Journey. Thankfully I made several pages for this challenge back in December because with covid my art space cleaning didn't get done quite as fast as I planned.  The mountain of things that have been sitting on my desk top, waiting to be put away, have only just been cleaned off. But hurrah for that! I'm  ready to get back to art again.


I started this page by using a piece of printed paper. It had the year 1956 written on, and you can see that in the bottom on the film frame (which I added) .  A calendar  is about a year, so even if I added nothing else, that would work.

I happened to have a couple of very old stamps, one with days of the week, and one with the months. Do you remember Tin Can Mail stamps? That's who made these.  I cut this woman's image out of a sheet of printed paper. I thought the old phone and the work-style stamps made her look like she had a busy week ahead, so I typed and printed out the words and then glued them down. 

Finally, I have some old assorted calendar pieces from  back  when I did a lot of scrapbooking.  I added a couple of those onto my page. I'm not sure the page even needed them, but it was nice to actually use them. I picked January and February because that's the season this busy lady appears to be dressed for. 

I bet her desktop is neat as a pin too. 😏

Just a reminder (and to answer a few questions I've had)! You don't need to have a calendar to your page. Your page can be about something that happens on a particular date or just includes random dates. It can be about a month, a season or a holiday. But if you want to add a calendar, that works also.  

Thanks for visiting my page. 



16 comments:

Tom said...

...red skies in the morning, sailors take warning.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Yesterday morning it was snowing, and I was giving a presentation on winter birds of southern Ontario, so it seemed perfect. By the time I finished and was returning home it was already turning to rain, and everywhere was slushy. I really miss winter! All the best - David

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

That sunrise is beautiful!

kathyinozarks said...

My Mom always said what Valerie posted when ever we had red skies. gorgeous sunrise-these do happen really fast and the go away.
Love your page, hoping you did not lose your power-the weather is kinda crazy this week here too bitter cold over the weekend coming in
Hugs Kathy

Jeanie said...

That sunrise is a dazzler!

hels said...

For a second, I thought the red sun rise was a terrible bushfire. I suppose everything is possible with climate change.

Divers and Sundry said...

What a beautiful sky!

She does look like she's planning for a busy week ahead.

Valerie-Jael said...

What a fun page, so much to see and enjoy. I have one more ready made and then I need to make some more! But I got out for a walk, that was wonderful! Hugs, Valerie

Angie's Recipes said...

That sunrise is GOLD!

Iris Flavia said...

Beautiful sky! Is the banner new or am I getting forgetful? It´s great - as is your page, I absolutely love it!

DVArtist said...

Wow that sky is amazing. Looks like it is on fire. I do really like your page too. Have a nice evening.

Christine said...

Lovely page

Marjut said...

Beautiful page.

Neet said...

Your page is superb. I love it. What a fab idea to have that light background with all the days/months etc on and then the lady, the phone, date stamp etc just stand out and draw the eye right in. Love the calendar bits and the film strip too.
What a super page Erika and what a super photo at the top of the sun, lighting up the whole sky.
Hope the weather improves soon and you too.
Hugs, Neet xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Oh GOSH, I hope if y'all lost power you have it back now!
LOVE this calendar themed page, not the least of reasons being 1956 is my birth year, lol. So, great choice! heehee
Gorgeous sunrise photo. And I hope you are both continuing to feel better with no long-c problems, xoxo

pearshapedcrafting said...

Your page is absolutely brilliant Erika! Going to try and find my date stamp! Hugs, Chrisx