Thursday, May 16, 2024

Alphabet Pages

Hi everyone. Happy Thursday.

     Today I am linking up to May's More Than Words Monthly Challenge. This month their theme is TRAVEL. I thought I would share a couple of pages from my Greece travel journal that I've been working on.

        At some point early in the trip, my friends and I had a conversation about what people think about when they want to fall asleep but can't. The idea of an alphabet list came up, and  from that discussion we decided we could make an alphabet list  about our trip. Most evenings we would add words from our day  and match them up to the letters that they start with.  

      My friend Deb kept the list and typed it up when we were home. (Thanks Deb.) I'm using that typed up list  in some of the pages in my travel journal, and I'll share a couple of pages today. 
     

     For this first page I used some scrap paper, some stickers, die cut trim and fussy cut stamped kitties. To this I added my A and B letter lists, a map of Athens and our hotel key from where we stayed in the city. Since this is my travel journal I marked where the hotel was located.


     My K, L and M page celebrates the spring weather and flowers we had. I used some crayons, some little plastic flowers, a die cut sun and cloud, some sticky fabric sunglasses, paper, a rubber stamps and 2 inks, markers and finally a tiny thermometer from a packet I bought probably 10 or more years ago.

      I love this list idea. ❤  Now that I'm home, it helps remind me of many items and experiences we had while  traveling, and it was also a great way to recap a day.   And you should have seen how excited we were when we came across a Q,X or Z words. Grin. 😏

     I'll definitely be doing this again next time I go on a trip. It's fun, can be done with the whole group, or done by yourself, whatever strikes your fancy. 

      That's all for me today. I hope your week is going well. 




13 comments:

Tom said...

...a great way to remember your travels.

CJ Kennedy said...

What a fun idea! My favorite page is KLM and the sun! No sun today. More rain and chilly. A good day to work on your journal.

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning Thursday, where it is reining again here. I love this idea with the alphabet Your journal pages from your trip are really nice-hugs from the lake

Angie's Recipes said...

Such a cute idea! The first page is my favourite, but I love those little flowers on the 2nd one.

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous pages, and love the lists, great idea. Have a wonderful day, hugs, Valerie

Jamie Ghione said...

I love this idea.

Katerinas Blog said...

Great way to remember your trip!
I like the first one the map,
it reminds me a lot too!!!

Christine said...

Wonderful thoughtful pages.

Divers and Sundry said...

Fun idea for vacation memories. I'm not familiar with that method of falling asleep. Thanks!

*Vicki* said...

Really love that you've used snippets from your travels to art journal! These are just too much fun! Love the idea of your letters too! So fun!

Jeanie said...

This is fun! And I love seeing the list and the map as part of your journal -- so meaningful!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Gosh, what a cool idea, almost like I Spy or a different version of it. And it makes a great embellishment to your pages too! Hope you are getting a break from the rain. After today, we should. Horrific storm for us yesterday, gusts of 102 in DT Houston, shades of Hurricane Ike and the blown out skyscraper glass to prove it, sheesh! 3 18-wheeler rigs blown over on the freeways. One poor woman ran out to her driveway to move her car to the garage in the middle of it, and when she got in it a tree fell on it and killed her. XOX

Neet said...

I love your idea for falling asleep and the pages you produced to illustrate the thinking but i doubt i would remember next day all the words i had running through my head the night before. The idea is great and the pages are wonderful
`Hugs, Neet xx