Friday, May 17, 2024

Spring Blooms

 Hi everyone. Happy Friday. Another week has flown by, and in my area we've finally had some  summery feeling weather. I think we've finally turned the corner from early spring. 😏

The other day my local botanical garden opened for the season. We had our first summer like day so far this year, and there was barely a cloud in the sky, so I met a couple of friends and we went to check out the spring blooms. 

Let me start with some faces for Nicole's Friday Face Off.  I'll also be linking up to Gillena's Friday Lunch Break.




These are just some of the many fun faces in the garden.
And here's 2 frogs. One is  definitely a statue, but we couldn't decide if the other one was alive or a statue.


I guess I will need a trip back to see if the frog-that-looks-alive is still sitting there.

And let me share a few other spring blooms and views with you.





The crab apple trees were gorgeous.









     It was a fantastic visit, well mostly. The black-flies have finally arrived en masse. They're on the later side this year, but they shouldn't be around too much longer I would think.  Still, our first summer like day, blue skies, and all these spring scenes made it hard to let the bugs ruin the day.

Have a great start to your weekend. 








28 comments:

Mia said...

Beautiful-beautiful-beautiful spring photos, Erika. And I LOVE the yellow bird (it is wooden, I think). Hugs, my friend.

Tom said...

...the flowers are fabulous and so are the whimsical sculptures. Have a great day.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

The carpet of Forget-me-nots is reminiscent of the woodlands here - and my backyard right now. It is such a lovely little flower. Who could fail to be charmed by it?

Katerinas Blog said...

Erica, your participation in FFO is very beautiful.

Valerie-Jael said...

So many beautiful photos, I love to see the blossomin trees! Happy weekend, hugs, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

Cute faces and wonderful flowers, too. I love the swing-bench!
Look forward to see if the frog was alive!
Yay to summer, have a great weekend! Hugs

CJ Kennedy said...

I love the garden sculptures and the gardens are just beautiful. I'm especially fond of the forget-me-nots. Looks like Summer will return toward the end of next week. Enjoy the sunshine today

hels said...

In the 1950s, we used to be warned about crab apples which used to make children nauseous, if they are the seeds. But the flowers look sensational.

Jamie Ghione said...

Love the garden sculptures.

sirkkis said...

Summer is really bursting up in your photos. It's same here, over 24 C over the country 🌞🌡
Have a wonderful weekend 😘

Gillena Cox said...

Thank you for sharing your gorgeous photos at Art For Fun Friday

Have a nice weekend

Much♡love

Christine said...

Fu faces, love your spring foliage.

ashok said...

Fab post

Divers and Sundry said...

Spring flowers always cheer me up. Lovely!

Rostrose said...

Dear Erika, that was a beautiful walk in the garden with wonderful flowers. I'm pretty sure the second frog is real.

I don't think I've answered one of your questions yet: You wanted to know something about the horror film in which I was booked as an extra: "Will those days be consecutive or will you have to travel each time?" I will always have to travel, but the journeys don't take very long - about an hour each. (If there's little traffic, maybe even less.) I'm very curious to see what I'll actually depict. (Zombie is just a vague guess ;-))
All the best, Traude

Angie's Recipes said...

Full of spring colour...What a beautiful garden!

craftytrog said...

Lovely photos Erika. We've been getting some warm and sunny days here too at last.
Wishing you a wonderful weekend.
Alison xx

Soma @ InkTorrents.com said...

Lovely photos, Erika! I love dogwood and it is always great to see them blooming. Enjoy!!

-Soma

DVArtist said...

Oh Erika, this is a gorgeous place. I love the garden people and animals. Such a fabulous place. Thank you for sharing with FFO.

peppylady (Dora) said...

Bird looks like he got something to squawk about.
Nice pictures.

Mae Travels said...

Botanical gardens are great places. Yours looks very lovely and pleasant with early spring flowers and plants.
best, mae

Mae Travels said...

Great botanical garden! We love to visit gardens.
best, mae

Aimeslee Winans said...

Your photos are lovely and I'm glad you got to go on such a fun outing.
Hope your weekend's nice, xoxo

Jeanie said...

I hope the flies don't stick around too long. They're never fun. I love the peace of that botanical garden.

carol l mckenna said...

beautiful nature photos and fun metal garden sculptures ~ thanks,

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

R's Rue said...

Your photos are beautiful.

Lowcarb team member said...

Such a lovely post, I did enjoy seeing all of your photographs.

All the best Jan

Neet said...

Lovely photos from the gardens which you will have to visit again. Not only for your curiosity to be satisfied but also that of others including me. Is that a real frog or what?
Hugs, Neet xx