Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Delicate with Bold

 Hi everyone. Happy once again middle of the week.

     Today I have a journal page with a bit of a poem  (or at least I think it's part of a poem).  I'm not all that familiar with Goethe, but I believe he was good at many things, including being a poet. I was also going for a bit of contrast, which I think works on this page. I hope you agree.



     I started with some orange and red paint along with an alphabet stencil. After covering my page and letting the paint dry, I grabbed this cardboard backing piece from a package of white frames I had bought. It was way too pretty just to throw away, and I like how the delicate looked against the bold background.

     I stamped the quote on it and die cut some white flowers with stems. I also stamped the postmarks near those flowers. Finally, I used a left over scrap of die cut trim at the top of the page. It looked a little empty by itself, so I added some little confetti pieces, which  now that it's glued down, I am really not sure it was needed (or that I even like).

     I also have a tag to share today for Michele's challenge at  Tag Tuesday. Michele's theme is Cats


I used a smaller tag and die cut a larger cat. I did some inking and stamping to make this piece. I hope you like it.

That's all for me today. I hope your week is going well. 




14 comments:

Tom said...

...keep being creative!

Iris Flavia said...

I love both your works! To a happy mid-week, hugs!

Angie's Recipes said...

Beautiful pages, Erika. I love esp. the cat one.

Christine said...

Lovely page and a cute tag!

Jamie Ghione said...

I like the cat a lot.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Beautiful art, Erica.
Wonderful quote by Goethe, and I love the cat quote. :)

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Erika. Love the contrasts in the first one, and Goethe is always worth a verse. And I love your purr-verted feline quote on the tag. Thanks for the smiles, I needed them today. Have a fun day, hugs, Valerie

Divers and Sundry said...

I like your combination of design style. Nice!

Jeanie said...

These are both delightful, Erika!

Neet said...

What a beautifukl delicate background for the first poem in contrast to the main background. I almost picked out an alphabet type stencil myself today. Now I wish I had gone with first instinct seeing yours.
Love the cat too - fab words.
Hugs, Neet xx

Lowcarb team member said...

I like the colours in both your page and tag.

All the best Jan

Aimeslee Winans said...

Your TH Wildflower Stems are perfect for your page and I like that background too. I've never seen that cat quote on your purrr-dy tag, it's cool! Hope your weekdays have been full of outside fun, xoxo

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Fantastic cat art!

pinky said...

Two beautiful pieces Erika! I love your cat tag and the purrfect sentiment lol. Thanks for playing along with us at Tag Tuesday.
Pinky