Friday, August 28, 2026

Friday

    Hi everyone. I hope you're having a good week. It's Friday, so it's time to join Nicole for Friday Face Off and Gillena for Friday Lunch Break.

    I don't  have any  exciting faces to share this week as the art I've been working on is for September challenges. Plus it's been our week to have my mother-in-law's house, the last for this year. After Labor Day (the weekend of September 5-7 for those of you who aren't familiar with the holiday) there are no assigned use times and anyone in the family can go up there whenever they want.

   I can show you the 2 owl faces in my rose garden. I was worried I was going to lose these roses early in the season when all their leaves turned brown and fell off. It was weird having empty stems/canes with blossoms on them. But with some fertilizer and lots of watering, you can see they have mostly come back. 👍 Hurrah!!!! I had wondered (back when they turned brown and lost their leaves) if they were just too dry because at that point we were still in the drought that started summer of 2025.  I guess my guess was exactly right. 


   The dogs and I have been up to my Mother-in-law's home  to go walking a few mornings this past week too.

   And after our little walks and after a quick dip to cool off, here's their faces.


   Wednesday while at the lake I saw a bald eagle. He flew in my direction  and landed in a tree a few houses down, but was still too far off for a photo with my phone. These aren't the best photos, but again, all I had was my phone.
   


 Here's the lake one morning after our walk. We've  had some beautiful late summer days lately as well as  cool nights that make great sleeping.


 I can also show you this post of petunias which may not look very exciting except, I never planted any petunias in this pot this year. There must have been some seeds in the pot from petunias I must have planted in it last year.


    It's a nice surprise though, and the pot with the flowers looks great.

   That's it for me. It hasn't been a bad week by any means, just not one with a lot of faces. I hope you have a super Friday and start to the weekend ahead.

                               






3 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

The lake view is just so tranquil and beautiful. Love the cute owl faces in your rose garden. Who is older, Mr. Pete or Maddie?

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

The owl face stones worked well for the Friday Face-Off Erika.

Maria Medeiros said...

beautiful summer photos Erika! Lovely! Have a lovely weekend!