Hi everyone. Happy new week to you. And hello to all of you who stop by Bleubeard's and Elizabeth's blog for T Day this week.
What's new with me? My physical therapy is going well. I have some exercises to do to relax my neck muscles and to strengthen my back and chest muscles. They aren't hard and seem to be helping. 👍 I even vacuumed the other day with no pain, and although vacuuming is not the most exciting thing, 2 weeks ago even that simple task hurt a lot.
For T today let me start by showing you this view from the back of my husband's truck. There are 2 gas cans of gas for his boat, 2 boat batteries and a cooler full of drinks. Sadly when we tried to go out fishing last Thursday, both batteries were dead. One is just a backup, and who knows how long it had been out of juice. The other one, which was the one we'd been using when we went out in the boat, was also dead. It had been 2 weeks since we last used the boat, but none of the power draining switches had been left on. Whatever the reason that the battery had no charge, it meant we could not go out on the boat that day. (And FYI, the batteries normally stay in the boat. They are only here in the truck because we were taking them home to see if they could be charged.)
BUT, I must add, better to find them dead when we arrived and hadn't put the boat in the water than to be dead while out on the water.👍
My husband was very bummed out. As was I, but not as much as he was.
Since we couldn't be on the water, we might as well enjoy some time near the water. At the marina there is a little seasonal restaurant (not run by the marina but rented out) called Lexi's Landing. Lexi's is a small local chain in our area that specializes in burgers, fish sandwiches, tacos, grilled cheese, etc. We like to eat there, but hadn't been there this year, so I suggested we go have some lunch. That's what we did.
You can see my drink which is a bottle of water, and you can see the boats that pay a huge fee to have a slip and keep their boats in the water. Unfortunately I forgot to take a photo of lunch. 😟
After lunch we ran a few errands, and then, when we were almost home, I suggested we get an ice cream. There is an ice cream stand about 5 minutes away from my house. We hadn't gone for an ice cream in several weeks, and if there is any good reason to get an ice cream, today's disappointment was one. How can you not be cheered up when eating ice cream?
This place has 3 sizes. Kiddie, Small and Large. I ordered a kiddie in a cup. I ordered 2 flavors, cold brew chip and peanut butter pie.
I think the girl who took my order misunderstood me. 😕 I didn't want 2 kiddies on top of each other. I just wanted 1 kiddie with 2 ice creams. (And she only charged me for 1.) Holy cow!!!! That was a whole lot of ice cream. It was humid and as you can see, there was some melt going on.
Good thing it was later in the day because I didn't need dinner after that. 😏 But I have no complaints about having an occasional ice cream dinner.
That's it for me today. Wishing everyone a great start to September, a happy T day, and a super week ahead.
No comments:
Post a Comment