Sunday, August 30, 2026

Wrapping up August at AJJ

 Hi everyone. Happy Sunday. I hope you are having a nice weekend.

 Since tomorrow is the last day of the month, today I am going to wrap up my journal pages for Art Journal Journey. This has been my month to host, and my theme has been In The Good Old Summertime.  You still have until tomorrow to link up, as the theme runs through the end of the month. 

   Let me also thank everyone who joined in over at Art Journal Journey this past month. There was some wonderful summer journaling, and all of you who joined are journaling rock stars for certain! ❤👍😊

  I'll also be joining Nicole for her  Sunday in the Art Room (SITAR) and  Gillena for her  Sunday Smiles.

  Today I have 2 pages to share. I was experimenting when I made both, and they both have a "summer travel" theme. First, let's head to the beach.


  This first one started with me just feeling like scrubbing to make a background. From there I saw this partial sheet of paper sitting on my work table, and I thought, it could be water. I cut along the bottom of one of the dark blue zigzags.  I decided to go with an underwater image so I die cut the shells and seaweed piece. I colored it in and added a small 1/2 pearl to the center. It also needed a border, and this strip of blue both trim seemed to do the trick.

   The lighthouse and black cormorant bird were both sitting on my worktable since I thought they would work for another page but then never used them. I used a yellow marker to make the light and to color in bits of the lighthouse. Then I stamped the quote.


   This other page is a little too busy perhaps? It started with an arched window stencil and a pen. I only traced the inner parts of the windows. Then I colored them in.  The camera, the plants and the girl are various cut outs from the Ciao Bella Rivera book and some other papers. The sun is a metallic gold image that I added a bit of color too. The cat is a chipboard image that I colored several times. I'm not sure he is even needed at this point, but I didn't have an overall plan for either of these journal pages. They just evolved as I went. Finally I used a couple of word stamp sets from Paper Artsy to add all the writing and I used a blue paint pen and a pen to put an edge on my page.
 
  That's all for me. I hope you have a wonderful rest of your weekend and start to the new week.



8 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

Thought you were going to make some back-to-school pages...I like the first page more..

Jeanie said...

Both your pages really reflect the joys of summer!

Iris Flavia said...

I love the ocean and lighthouses - well done, I love it!
The second takes time to explore, but not too busy, I´d say - and summerly o course!
To a great rest Sunday, hugs

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Your pages are beautiful!!!

Gillena Cox said...

Two nice ones
I tried to link in on Friday and again today my links didnot ho throughi left my urls in the comment. That is at AJJ

Thanks for linking to SundaySmiles

Much love

DVArtist said...

Both are so different and both are brilliant. I love the lines of the first. The background lines of random circles and then the perfect rickrack ocean lines. The second one is full of life, detail and color. I love them both. Thank you for sharing with SITAR.

Tom said...

...I hope that you had an Awesome August and are looking forward to a Spectacular September.

Mary Kirkland said...

I thought they came out good.