Sunday, August 2, 2020

A Second Look

 Hi everyone. Time for a second look over at Bleubeard and Elizabeth's.

This month the theme at Art Journal Journey is Tag and Pockets, hosted by the lovely Alison, so I am taking you back to March of 2015.  At that time I was making lots of tags, and when the obsession waned a bit, I created a book to put my tags into. Here's a few pages to share.
You can see lots of tags but can you also see the pocket above on the right, with the tag sticking out of it?




For me, making tags is always fun since they are small. It is like ATC's and I am guessing ICADS.  They don't need much and you can create many in a short time. Making the pages to put them on, however, did take a bit longer. But I love looking back and seeing these.  Hope you do too.

Hope you enjoyed the views. 

11 comments:

Lisca said...

Oh that is gorgeous! To keep your tags that way ( I did wonder sometimes what people do with all those tags).
I love the Japanese themed tags. The red is a beautiful Colour.
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Erika, your tags are lovely I have never made a tag-I like that you saved them in a journal. Happy second on the 2nd

here is my reply to your comment It's been several years since I handled something this big for dyeing, but I used large plastic tubs -those rectangle storage containers with lids. back then I was blogging on yahoo and was on a quilting yahoo group. they had invited this professional dyer that used the procion dyes for quilt cotton fabrics to teach a lesson-so I was using his recipe and instructions I did end up with several curtains, and some lovely quilt fabrics

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely tags and the look good in the album. I love making tags, too. Have a wonderful Sunday, hope your weather is good. Just woke up from my afternoon nap here! Hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love your tags, Erika. You have gotten into tags a lot more than I. I find them hard to make for some reason. I can't seem to tell a good story with them. I can make ICADs, but tags have a way of stopping me in my tracks. I should check yours out more often, I guess, and of course, I absolutely adore that you added them to journal or altered book pages. these are wonderful and I am inspired, too. Thanks for sharing this second look with us on the 2nd. I'm so glad you reshared these because they are all new and a first look for me.

Divers and Sundry said...

That's exactly why I like ATCs! You put my thoughts into words :)

Lowcarb team member said...

... and 2015 seems like yesterday! The days and years pass by so quickly.
Lovely post, lovely art.

All the best Jan

CJ Kennedy said...

Such fun tags and I like the album you made to store them in

R's Rue said...

Love all of the colors. So pretty

craftytrog said...

Beautiful tag pages for my theme at AJJ!
Happy new week Erika.
Alison xx

Jeanie said...

I always love second on the second and seeing things either "before my time" here or that I've forgotten. Today is no exception!

pearshapedcrafting said...

A fabulous look back at these fabulous pages, Chrisx