So today I have another set of natural dyed papers. This time I did the usual and wrapped some leaves with some watercolor paper around some dowels. Then I put with into some iron water.
But I did do something different which created the darkness. Take a look and then I'll tell you what that was.
The paper needs to be flattened here so excuse the just dried wrinkles. I can tell it is a little harder to see the leaf details.
I had a bag of some old Bing cherries in the frig, so instead of throwing them out, I threw them into the pot.
Here's me geeking out with a little cherry chemistry and nutrition. The color is from anthocyanins, and I like the dark color these chemicals gives mixed with some rusty colors from the iron water. Some of the leaves on the pages look better than others, but any of these will make nice additions to some art project down the road.
Hope you enjoyed your views.
Thanks for stopping by my blog.