Saturday, August 8, 2020

No Moon for Me as It Is Cloudy

Happy weekend everyone. The clouds have arrived, and we're having a bit of temperature relief before the heat and humidity return  Monday.  Looks like (if the weather folks are right) we'll be back into the 90 degree range again.  That's around 32 degrees C.
Now if only we could get some real rain. It gets cloudy but that's about all. 

So today I have another page for Alison's pockets and tags challenge at Art Journal Journey
I created my page using a star stencil and some soft modeling paste. And then I used blue, silver and gold spray inks to color the background.
The moon is a stamped and fussy cut addition.



I thought owls would be perfect for a starry night page.
My tag is actually just a piece of wood looking paper that turned into a tag. It came out of a package of stickers I had sitting in my stash. I layered this with an edge scrap of paper (better than throwing it out) and some owls I cut off of another tag. 
The quote is one from Paper Artsy and one of Alison Bomber's images. Not to confuse the Alison's mentioned in this post. (smile)

Not sure what my weekend adventures will be.  Maybe not much as the weather is questionable with these clouds and cooler temperatures. I have some weeds I need to weed whack down and maybe I will do that. Or finish spray painting some bathroom window shutters I am working on. Or neither of those things might happen. 

Hope you weekend is great!


12 comments:

Barbara said...

Perfect night sky, the colors are lovely!

Valerie-Jael said...

That's a wonderful page Erika, starry nights and owl go so well together. Glad your weather is better, it's too hot for me here! Have a great weekend! Hugs, Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

I love your page! the colors, the stars, and that moon. Stars and skyscapes are a recurring motif in dreams that I have. Especially when life is happy and going well. I haven't had one of those dreams in a long time. Enjoy the weekend!

kathyinozarks said...

We are getting the same weather. wow I am in love with your page-its really awesome Happy Saturday

peppylady (Dora) said...

Owl is nice touch. The clouds blew in late afternoon here in North Idaho.

craftytrog said...

This is such a beautiful night sky page Erika! I love the owl! Thanks for linking up to my AJJ theme.
Hugs,
Alison xx

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous page, love your starry sky, looks very atmospheric with the owls looking on.
Avril xx

Elkes Lebensglück said...

An enchanting moonlit night your side and so creatively designed. I love it!!!
Have a good new Week, hugs Elke

Divers and Sundry said...

I love that starry, moon-lit night. Wonderful colors!

Meggymay said...

Its a fantastic page for Alison's AJJ theme Erika. I love the starry night background and how you added the owls.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

Jeanie said...

This is a gorgeous page. I have such a soft spot fo both blue and stars and of course, owls! A triple threat. I love it.

Neet said...

Oh, this is just beautiful. I love the sky and all the stencilling you did on it. It is very effective and that moon is perfect. I don't know how you got the effect the way that you did but it is stunning.
Oh and I like the touch of the piece across the page and the owls in the corner.
Hugs, Neet xx