Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Splash and Splatters

Hi there.  Time for a new Try It On Tuesday challenge already. This one is near and dear to my style.


This time our challenge is Splash and Splatters.  

I made my Splash and Splatters in a small (A6)  journal with some Dina Wakely spray gloss paint. I used several bright colors to make this rainbow effect. 

I am smitten with these Janet Klein little folks from AALL & Create stamps. I think this boy on the right has a big crush on the girl on the left, which makes her happy and she is jumping for joy.  I gave him  glasses because I wanted to stress that he is looking at her with big puppy dog eyes. And of course his cute puppy is being a good friend and sitting and waiting for his master's attention.

Be sure to include splashes and/or splatters on your page! And check out all the other inspiration pages our  design team has shared!

Thanks for checking out my blog!


18 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

This is gorgeous. So happy and joyful. I love this theme. Hugs, Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

Sweet page. The little folks are too adorable with those big eyes. Have a great day!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wow, this is adorable, And a great back story, too. Loved the puppy dog eyes. Great splatters, too. My idea when I saw that theme was much like yours. Loved it.

Let's Art Journal said...

Gorgeous pages! I love the way you created the background using the spray paint, the splash and splatter effect is amazing and perfect for those cute figures - amazing 😁. Happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous fun page Erika, those cute characters work so well on the splattered background. Love the glasses, such a great detail.
Hugs, Avril xx

Birgit said...

I like the splatter look and the colours used. great couple of pages

Jeanie said...

Those little folk are darling! Love the colors and the happy feel!

Linda Kunsman said...

oooh, all those fabulous splashes and splatters of colors-love it!! Cute little story about your pages too:)

Barbara said...

So cute and whimsical! Love those glasses. ☺️

craftytrog said...

A gorgeous spread Erika, those characters are so cute! I love all of the fabulous splashes and splatters.
Alison xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Erika, how adorbs is this! Thanks for making me smile! XOX

Helen said...

Awesome art Erika! LOVE that splashy splattered background! And I agree.. those images are just adorable! Have a great week! ((HUGS)) Helen

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Erika this is awesome, love the freedom of those splatters and splashes as the background for your whimsical little people. They are great images, the little girl looks like she's playing with the wee boys heart.. Great theme, hope I get chance to play this fortnight. Hugs Tracey xx

Meggymay said...

A fantastic and fun spread in your journal Erika. I love the cute stamps I have a few waiting to be inked. Its a great background and I love the bright colours.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

Marjut said...

What a very gorgeous page.

Joan said...

Just love your page Erica, lovely bright colours and I just afoe those little people! The one with dyne glasses really made me laugh


Joan x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Aah! You know I love these Janet Klein figures! This page is fantastic - I really love those bright colours and the boy looks so cute in his pink specs, Hugs, Chrisx

Marjut said...

Fantastic and fun page!