Thursday, August 27, 2020

Wrong Season

Hi everyone. The month is really starting to wind down, isn't it?  Yesterday we had a fall like day, and it was great to get some chores done and open the windows a bit. Even though it did feel cold.  I guess it's because we've had such a hot summer, and I'm not used to the cooler temperatures.  But it sure makes sleeping at night nice.

I'm a little off on season today, but I found this page in a journal that wasn't quite finished. Most of the page was done except adding the leaves and the beaded flower. I also stamped the purple dots and added the bit of tape. 


There's still a few more days left to Alison's Pocket and Tag challenge at Art Journal Journey, and I am linking up this page as I have a paper bag pocket which I tucked the leaves into and the spring lilac tag.

That's all for me today. Hope you have or are having a good day yourself.

16 comments:

R's Rue said...

❤️

craftytrog said...

A beautiful composition Erika, and another wonderful page for my theme.
Hope you're having a lovely week,
Alison xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love it when I find an almost completed entry. Yours is beautiful, especially that tag. I like how you stamped on it and the beautiful lilac you colored so well. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Art Journal Journey using Alison's theme. I LOVE it.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I forgot to ask what's in the sack. Is it a pocket?

Iris Flavia said...

Beautiful page!
We had one of the coldest summers I can remember. Some very hot weeks and now BOOM cold.

Stevenson Q said...

This is beyond beautiful! My Mom adores the color purple and this surely will make her so happy to see it! I really like that you decided to add those purple dots because as gorgeous as it already was, those dots gave much character and fills up the art so much more! Sending you hugs dearest Erika!

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your beautiful page with the hint of autumn in it. I have also been using colours more suitable for autumn, I think the colder weather makes us think of the coming season. It's cooled off nicely here, too. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Tammy said...

Beautiful page Erika, I love all of the different elements especially the lilac tag!
Tammy x

Mae Travels said...

That’s a nice bird image. I like your retirement art work too.

be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

CJ Kennedy said...

Your lovely page looks Fall-ish. I’m not ready for Summer to end. It was so cold today I wore sweatpants and heavy socks! 😺

Elkes Lebensglück said...

How cute is that!!!! I am completely in love with your journal page !!!!
Greetings Elke

Jeanie said...

I actually see late summer and fall there. I know not the traditional colors but lavender is still out, so are birds, and the brown base anchors it. It could go either way.

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love this Erika, fabulous colours! Hugs, Chrisx

Let's Art Journal said...

Love this! The lilacs and little bird sitting on the branch is beautiful and that's a great way to incorporate the tag too - perfect 😀. Happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x

Meggymay said...

A gorgeous page Erika, I love how the bird seems to be looking at the pretty tag.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

Lowcarb team member said...

A lovely page, nice to see.

All the best Jan