Saturday, December 3, 2022

A Christmas Post

 Hi everyone. Happy Saturday. I hope you're having a nice start to the weekend. 

Today I am here with some Christmas themed art to share with you. First of all I have a Snowy Winter page to share. Snowy Winter is the theme Jo has picked for December over at Art Journal Journey.


I started by layering lots of various papers on my page. Then I used a stencil and some light molding paste to add the snowy lace centerpiece. Once the molding paste dried I  carefully used some red paint using a paper towel/kitchen roll as my brush around the white stenciling. It helped pull the whole background together.

I also used a stencil and some white molding paste on my chipboard snowflake too.

I added a strip of glitzy washi tape, glued down the lady and a couple of vintage poinsettia images from a Tim Holtz package. Then I added the big snowflake and the sticker quote as well as a few small white confetti snowflakes.

 I also have a Christmas tag for the latest challenge at Tag Tuesday. Pinky is hosting this time around, and her challenge is trees.

Recently, I had been playing around making some tags, and one had a winter tree.


I began with some red and green paint that I watered down a bit. Then I stamped the tree in green and used a white pen to make the snow effects.  I also made some white snowy dots on the red part of the background. I also added some of these red confetti pieces. I stamped the quotes, added some silver tape and used some pinky shear style scissors to trim the bottom.

There you have it. 

Thanks for visiting my blog and enjoy your weekend.

20 comments:

CJ Kennedy said...

This makes a pretty Christmas card. Rainy today followed by cold. Stay dry and warm

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning, beautiful Christmas art Happy weekend hugs

Valerie-Jael said...

Both pieces are wonderful. Love the warm, red colours. The white lace is gorgeous, too. And thanks so much for making a tag for Pinky's challenge, much appreciated. I hope you have a warm and relaxing weekend. Big hugs, Valerie

lichazul said...

Amazing page ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’
congrats, happy day

lichazul said...

PD ...and cool Tag☺️๐Ÿ‘

Jeanie said...

I love them both but especially the tag. So deceptively simple yet so perfect!

Christine said...

Lovely Christmas page and tag!

DVArtist said...

These are both very festive and beautiful. Have a lovely day.

Iris Flavia said...

Ohhh, wonderful art!
We have a thin layer of snow on the balcony, so suits your work!
Bee-fact tomorrow (and maybe a very boring post, no worries if you skip that, it´s more for "me").

Divers and Sundry said...

I like how your winter page works together to highlight her and that invitation. The fur muff is fabulous!

Angie's Recipes said...

Both pages are so festive and lovely!

The Happy Whisk said...

I love watering down paint. I do this with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint and it's great fun. Happy Painting.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a fabulous beauty. I love the Victorian lady with her muff. She stands out beautifully against that white background. The poinsettias really bring out the red color, too. Great texture and a beautiful focal snowflake to set the nowy feel to the scene. This is a real gem and perfect for Jo's theme at Art Journal Journey.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I forgot to mention what a fun and Christmasy tag this is. LOVED the sentiment.

pinky said...

Your tag is stunning Erika, love the pinks!! Thanks so much for joining us at Tag Tuesday.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Beautiful art.

NatureFootstep said...

I had a similar muff when I was about 10 years old. My mother sewed one for me out of rabbit skin.

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what a stunning snowy winter page! I love all the collage layers with the texture paste and the lady and poinsettias look so beautiful too - perfect ๐Ÿ˜Š. Thanks so much for the inspiration for our Snowy Winter challenge at Art Journal Journey! Happy wishes! Hugs Jo x

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is such a beautiful page Erika, brilliant texture and I love the colours. A fabulous 'Snowy Winter' page for Jo's AJJ theme. Great tag too! Hugs, Chrisx

Neet said...

What a delightful page, I love the choice of red and white that you made for this for AJJ. The lady you chose to play centre stage is just perfect, a wonderful example of a lady of her day.
A lovely tag to accompany it too.
The Christmas tree really does look to have snow on it, and I can see mine, outside, looks very much the same.
Hugs, Neet xx