Tuesday, December 13, 2022

It's All About Santa

 Hi everyone. 

The last 2  weeks have again flown by, and it is already time for another challenge at Try It on Tuesday. Thank you Maz for hosting  our last challenge. And thank you to everyone who shared their Winter Wonderland art with us. 

Our newest challenge runs for the next 2 weeks and has a festive theme. Our challenge is

It's All About Santa.

I have a journal page to share.


I started by using a musc stencil and some soft molding paste. Once that dried, I used a red ink pad to give the musical background some color. The big image is actually a small sheet of paper. The smaller Santa is an image from a collage sheet.  I used some red metallic paper trim to outline both pictures. On the top right edge I added a small metallic paper bow. Then I added some red and white cloth trim along the bottom. I attached it by stitching it to my page.


I finished my page by stamping a few items and then adding this little gold metallic paper  Santa in his sleigh. 

And be sure to check out the variety of Santa art the TIOT design team members have shared. There's lots of variety, and my teamies are a talented group.  Also, I want to send an early thanks to Bleubeard and Elizabeth for being our guest host for this challenge since our next challenge is our 2022 Spotlight where we share some of the pieces that have yet to be recognized during 2022.

TIOT's It's All About Santa challenge runs for the next 2 weeks. We accept all kinds of art at TIOT.

I am also linking my page up to 2 other challenges. First of all I want to link up to Jo's Snowy Winter challenge at Art Journal Journey. (Please remember we only accept journal pages at AJJ.) 

I also want to link up to Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge # 89. Their theme is always anything mixed media  goes. 

Just an FYI- This is the last challenge we will run at Try It On Tuesday for 2022. It's time for  our annual holiday break. Our next new challenge starts on January 10th of 2023.  Be sure to check in however as we'll be posting our Spotlight Winners before our new challenge begins.

Thanks for visiting my page, and I hope you can join us at TIOT.

15 comments:

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful Santa age! I love the music stenciling and pretty images with the metallic trim that you added - perfect 😊. Take care and wishing you a lovely week - Happy Christmas and New Year! Hugs Jo x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You really LOVE your molding paste and I love how you used it to create the music background. Well done on the background and a great way to incorporate two different images. This is fabulous and a wonderful Santa entry, Erika.

Luiz Gomes said...

Boa tarde minha querida amiga. Linda matéria, parabéns.

Angela said...

This is so pretty!

lichazul said...

Awesome page🤩🤩🤩👏👏👏
Happy day

Jeanie said...

I love this page -- it's so cozy! Very up-on-a-housetop!

Valerie-Jael said...

Your Santa page is wonderful, love all of the traditional images,y so pretty. Hugs, valerie

Aimeslee Winans said...

Wonderful Christmas-y page, Erika! The stencil makes it all just POP! Love it. aw your King Arthur trip post too and drooled all the way through it. Bread is definitely my favorite food group, haha xoxo

Joan said...

Fab page, lov3 the textured music background and the stitching

joan

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love this page Erika, the stencilled music really does look great with your two fabulous images, hugs, Chrisx

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, I hope some kids still can believe in the magic of Christmas. Yet I doubt that. Cookies and stollen since September, Christmas toys and decorations all over since weeks, Christmas music blaring everywhere.
Mind you. When I was a kid I had one (!) Christmas calendar with chocolate.
Now? Lego, Barbie, you name it. I feel sorry for kids these days.
There were no Santas in stores, only strange ones that came to our house and even if they wore a brown coat I believed it was the real Santa (and boy, was I afraid!).

Your page brings back the Christmas of back then, so nice!!!
Merry Christmas and hugs!

Meggymay said...

I love the scene you created for Santa, its a fantastic page Erika and great inspiration.
Yvonne xx

Let's Art Journal said...

I'm back again to say thank you for joining in the fun and inspiring us at AJJ with your snowy winter Santa page 😊. Hugs Jo x

Neet said...

What a lovely age this is. i love texture on a page and the music is just perfect, especially how you have picked it out in red.
Great central images, both pages you have used are perfect and I love how you have seamlessly bound them together. Great trims too.
Hugs, Neet xx

Mrs.B said...

A tad late getting here - but what a wonderful Santa page, love the music textured background with the red embellishements which work so well with your Santa a snowy scene.
Wishing you all the best for the Christmas Season and 2023.
Hugs, Avril xx