Friday, December 16, 2022

More Faces From Hammond Castle (part 2)

 Hi everyone. Happy Friday to you. 

It's snowing here in my area of New Hampshire today; it's our first big storm of the year (but not our first snow). I'm not sure if we'll  turn to rain and/or ice in my area or not since my town seems to straddle the line on the weather maps, but if not, we are going to get a load of snow. I'm not sure if that's good or bad, but I am looking forward to a quiet day at home.

Last week I shared some faces from a trip I made in Hammond Castle in Gloucester, Massachusetts back in September. Today I have more to share. If you missed last week's post and/or you are curious, you can check it out here: Hammond Castle Part 1.

This is my link up to Nicole's  Friday Face Off and also to Gillena's Friday Lunch Break.

Hammond Castle was built with a center main hall, and then 2 wings, one wing coming off each side of the great hall area. In one of the side wings, the rooms were more modern and made for everyday living. They now house the offices.  The other wing was full of art treasures and architectural items that Hammond brought back from Europe and was styled in a somewhat medieval  castle way. When you first walk into this wing, you enter an area with a pool, and a few rooms off of this pool.


 Last week I shared  the great room, and today photos show  some of the faces found in this open area  of the wing I'd described above. 



He also brought back bits of ancient buildings too.


As well as some old Roman grave stones.





The ceiling of this wing is glass and lets in a lot of light.







I have more of the castle to share with you, but I'll be holding those until the 30th since next Friday is the start of the Christmas holiday weekend, and I'll have something more festive to share. 

But before I get ahead of myself, happy start to this weekend and I hope you have a good week ahead.










































































19 comments:

Christine said...

Wonderful castle and great choices for FFO and Gillena's Art for Fun Fridays.

carol l mckenna said...


Fantastic photos of the castle ~ it is like being back in time Xo


Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Gillena Cox said...

Thanks for linking to Art For Fun Friday. Another fastastic episode of your castle visit.
Have a good weekend.

Much💌love

DVArtist said...

Erika, I wish I lived close to you so you could take me on tours of all the wonderful places you go. The faces are just magnificent. Thank you so much for sharing with FFO. I have had a request to show how to put a face on a bottle. I will do a step by step next week. Have a warm quiet day.

Valerie-Jael said...

That really was a fun place to visit, and I like the idea that they built their own 'ancient' castle, and made it so interesting. Happy Friday, happy FFO, happy everything! Hugs, Valerie

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Oh, so great to see. A wonderful place for sure.

Angie's Recipes said...

Some really interesting faces!

kathyinozarks said...

What an amazing castle-home this must have been when first built. really unique enjoyed all of the photos too thanks for sharing and happy weekend
Hugs Kathy

Lowcarb team member said...

Some very interesting faces, I enjoyed seeing your photographs.

Have a good weekend.

All the best Jan

PS I think your Christmas header is great

peppylady (Dora) said...

Interesting faces in stone.
I took part in both Friday face off and Lunch Break.
Coffee is on and stay safe

Carola Bartz said...

I love all the details in this castle that you showed us today. It must have been lovely to visit and explore this place. I hope you have a good weekend, with or without snow.

The Happy Whisk said...

This just looks like a wonderful time to walk about and snap shots. We did this awhile ago in an abandoned theme park. So fun.

Iris Flavia said...

I absolutely love your new banner!!!
And that pool, so beautiful. The reflection in it.
That one ancient part looks like Henry´s castle! Looking forward again to see more!
Happy weekend, hugs!

Divers and Sundry said...

We may get snow on Thursday. Yikes! People aren't really believing that forecast, but ya never know...

It's so cool they constructed a castle.

Fundy Blue said...

Hammond Castle is amazing, Erika. I went back and read Part 1 as well. It's not what I would expect in Glouscester, Mass. Maybe in England. It's beautiful, but I can't imagine living there. I'm quite happy with my townhome which is nice and cozy. I wouldn't want the responsibility of looking after such a huge place on my shoulders. Thanks for sharing it!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

















































































Nice faces for FFO, but I don't think I would want to live there.

Jeanie said...

What a lovely place, one I'd like to see sometime!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Nice to see more of you visit, Erika. I posted about our visit to Hammond's Castle a couple of years ago, and now am ready for a revisit. It was a wonderful experience and John Hammond was quite the collector too!

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Fantastic architecture and beautiful place to get to see in person.