Saturday, December 31, 2022

My Last Page for December's AJJ

Hi everyone. 
Happy last day of 2022 to you.

I'm posting today to share one more page for Jo's Snowy Winter challenge at Art Journal Journey.
Thank you Jo for being a  wonderful host  for this fun challenge. Funny, I'm not a fan of a long snowy winter but I do  enjoy making snowy winter pages.

Also I want to thank everyone who joined Jo for this month's art journaling challenge.


This page started with this wonderful snowman image.  To make my page for it, I  first decided to use some snowman tissue paper for my background. That didn't work at all. It was just too much going on once the tissue paper dried and when I placed this image on my page. Time to switch up  my original plans. I painted some white gesso  lightly over the snowman tissue paper, and if you look carefully you can still see bits of  snowmen sneaking through. 

I then used my snowflake stencil and some light molding paste to cover my background. When that dried I then took some blue ink and sprayed my page.

The frame is chipboard that I painted silver, outlined and then added some details too. I also added the scrap of blue sparkle ribbon.   Finally I added the quote above the photo (that I cut out of a piece of printed paper). The biggest problem using so much dimension on the background is that it is hard to attach things to it. Smile. 

And that's my last snowy winter page to wrap up December.

I also want to also say "Thank You" to everyone who has stopped by and supported my blog in 2022. I've appreciated all your supportive comments, and I must say, I feel lucky and blessed to have such a wonderful group of blog friends. 

Happy New Year everyone.





 

7 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely page. I didn't manage any more. Hugs, Valerie

kathyinozarks said...

Love your newest page for AJJ and I really love your header page too Happy New Year Erika and your family
hugs from the Lake Kathy

CJ Kennedy said...

Pretty page. The background is amazing. I'm glad the snow is the background of your page and not the background of my yard.😺 Have a Creative New Year!

Iris Flavia said...

Very, very clever and cute!
I am sorry I could not join. I was sick. Tired all the time.
Here they start with fireworks already (05:56 pm) - crazy.
Either way, to a happy, healthy, funny, adventurous, loving, yummy new year to you and yours, hugs!

Jeanie said...

I have really loved seeing the art from the snowy winter challenge. The colors, the "feel" of it -- four star!

All good wishes for a very happy near year for you and your family, Erika. I cherish our online friendship. You never know -- maybe I'll get east in 2023!

Divers and Sundry said...

That snowman makes me smile :) What a happy image!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I saw bits and pieces of the snowman tissue but not anything I could make out. I love how you framed the focal snowman and added the molding paste snowflakes for texture. What a fabulous way to end this challenge and 2022. Happy New Year wishes to you and your loved ones, dear Erika.