Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Wednesday Art

Hi everyone. It's been cold here in New Hampshire (as well as many other places too). We had hoped for a white Christmas, and after our big dump of snow on the 17th, we really thought we would have one. Instead we warmed up and had so much rain (and wind) on the 23rd, our white Christmas was really just a light dusting from the end of that storm when the temperatures plummeted. But I guess that counts as white.

It is starting to warm up a bit outside after some bitter cold over the past holiday weekend. Hurrah for that, although it is going to get quite warm for us  at the end of the week so we may start the New Year with some spring mud.

December is starting to wind down, and it will be 2023 before we know it. I know I said this last year, but  let me write it once again, where did the year go?

Today I want to share another page for Jo's Snowy Winter challenge over at Art Journal Journey.  You still have a a few days to join in this challenge with your snowy winter art journal pages.

This first view is how it looks when I lighten it up.


And this next view is how my camera caught it.  In reality,  my page is not as blue as the first view and not as grey as this view. I must say I like both views.


I inked my background paper and then layered some paper and also part of a sheet of printed acetate. I did do a bit of stitching which is a little hard to see unless you look for it. White thread wasn't the best color to use. The quote was already on the paper, and I decided to use it instead of adding a different one.  I did add a painted snowflake though.

And for those of you who join us at Try It On Tuesday
right now our annual spotlight is going on, so stop by to see if you made the spotlight. 

I hope you're having a wonderful week between holiday weekends. Thanks for stopping by my blog also. 

 

14 comments:

CJ Kennedy said...

I like the blue and the little wolf howling at the moon, I could do without all the snow. I'm so glad our storm was all rain. Stay warm.

DVArtist said...

A beautiful snowy piece. Wishing you a very good 2023.

ashok said...

Nice art

The Padre said...

Incredible - The Blue Merry's The Story Line - Well Done E

Cheers

Elkes Lebensglück said...

What two beautiful artistic journal pages, so cute.
Good thing you got through the weather so well.
Happy New Year, hugs Elke

Angie's Recipes said...

A beautiful winter page! I love that howling wolf :-)

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful page! I love the pretty papers with the log cabin and wolf, I can imagine him howling at the moon 😊. I'm not sure where this year has gone either. Take care and thanks so much for joining me at AJJ again! Enjoy your week too! Hugs Jo x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wow. That is an awesome journal page. I love the snowflakes and the two different colors you achieved when you manipulated the photo. YES, I saw the stitching, but I had to look for it. Thanks for another incredible entry for Jo's theme at AJJ, dear.

Iris Flavia said...

Spring-temps here, too!
Yet we plan to finally in years (COVID) visit the Christmas Market. In "Spring". Hm.

I love your first presentation! We... "we" as the East Germans (I am a Wessie) ... have wolves now, too!

Hugs from here :-)

Neet said...

I love how all the pieces of paper you have used blend together. The little wolf howling at the moon is just perfect for Jo's theme and this is one of my favourite pages.
Hugs, Neet xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Winter camo is what your page reminds me of, the patterns blend together so well. I get photos of makes like that all the time, where I can't capture the real look. I have come to believe that certain color combos make it worse. The rain must be fronting or ending everyone's storms, we have had the same general wet trend. Our forecast has us in the low 70's and mid-50's here on NYE but thankfully no rain for that one day, lol. We'll see. Last night was the first chilly night versus really cold. xoxo

Empire of the Cat said...

Hi Erika, hope you're having a good week and that your power is back on. I like both versions too, and I can see the zig zag stitching :) I also received your Xmas card this morning, the envelope wasn't sealed but the card made it here unscathed - thanks so much! Happy Holidays! Elle/EOTC xx

NatureFootstep said...

wow, I love both versions of them. And this is a good wy to show how different light changes artwork. I alway have to remember what it looked like with my eyes. :)

Happy New Year
hugs
NatureFootstep-Monica

Divers and Sundry said...

I like both but maybe the blue a bit better. I'm smiling at the howling wolf pup :)