Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Wednesday Art

 Hi everyone. Happy midweek to you.

I'm posting today with another art journal page for Jo's Snowy Winter challenge at Art Journal Journey.


I started my page in one of my Dina Wakely journals that has some  brown kraft paper pages. I wanted it to have a more "snowy" look, so I used some gesso  in a kind of wind blown style.

I have a pretty big stash of holiday images, and it's time to weed them down a bit so I added this adorable vintage holiday picture.  Under the top of the image I added half of a die cut doily that I made from some kraft paper with some gold metallic polka dots on it. The leaves on my page look brown, but they are actually gold. This winter light at this time of year makes it hard to get a good sparkle photo. I also added the pine cone which is made of resin and that has some white sparkle snow on it that you can actually see.

I finished my page with a stamped quote. 


As I used gesso and my page has some sparkle I am also linking up to December's gesso and sparkle  art journal challenge at More Than Words.

And let me finish this post with some early December foliage. I snapped these photos one day last week when we had had a lot of rain in the morning, and it was still a very foggy afternoon.









That's all for me today. I hope your week is going well.


15 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I LOVE that vintage image you used for the focal image. It is lovely. Did you subconsciously use it because of the skunk (grin)? Seriously, this is adorable and a great entry for Jo's theme at Art Journal Journey.

Wow! Your photos are amazing. The rain actually looks like frozen drops on the plants. Just beautiful.

Jeanie said...

I love the colors on this. Very pretty. And especially love the photos -- roses take on a shape all their own, don't they? These are beautiful.

Divers and Sundry said...

Definitely a feeling of Christmas in your piece :) Your flowers are trying to hold on, aren't they!

Let's Art Journal said...

A beautiful page! I adore your Christmassy snowy winter image and the way you created the snowy background with gesso on the Kraft paper 😊. Your garden is looking frosty and wintery too, loving your photos. Our garden is looking the same we've had snow and very chilly frost this week - brrrr! Thanks for the inspiration over at AJJ. Stay warm and have a great week! Hugs Jo x

ashok said...

Lovely! So colorful!

Valerie-Jael said...

The photos are absolutely gorgeous. Love the journal page, too and your new header is great. Have a nice day, hugs, Valerie

DVArtist said...

Yep, winter is here and your art and photos show that perfectly. Have a great day today.

Mae Travels said...

Your photos of natural objects in ice are wonderful, especially the first one.

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

The Happy Whisk said...

Those water drops are SOOOOOO COOOOL! Now I wanna go do that.

Neet said...

Great photos Erika and the Gesso on the Kraft paper really worked. it looked just like the snow had been blown across the age and was perfect as a background for your snowy scene.
Love it.
Hugs, Neet xx

craftytrog said...

Some fabulous photos Erika, and I really love your art!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Nice detail in your photos and lovely winter page, xoxo

Carola Bartz said...

Your journal page is so pretty, Erika. But what I really like is your photos - OMG, how beautiful they are! These are the kind of images I love love love - wonderful captures! Thank you for sharing these.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Fabulous Creative, So Wintery Journal Page! Great idea! I love your photos too!
Have a happy advent, hugs Elke

NatureFootstep said...

love the forest christmas scene. Made me think of Walt Disney´s christmas. :)