Friday, December 2, 2022

A Second Looks and some Faces for Friday

 Hi everyone. Happy December 2.

Today it is time for Second on the Second over at Bleubeard's and Elizabeth's blog.

Here is a post from January 2016. I chose this journal page because Jo, who is hosting at Art Journal Journey this month,  has picked a theme of Snowy Winter. 



There is a face on my little  girl, but I also want to share a few more faces from  my last August visit to Three Sisters' Sanctuary in Goshen, Massachusetts. Here are a few more faces for Nicole's Friday Face Off.




You'll have to image the face on this next photo.


And one of the coolest faces at this art park was this dragon.




I think the clock looking piece at the corner  of the mouth is a bit confusing with the eye, but then who am I to judge?


I wish there had been a whole dragon, but there was just a head coming out of this stone wall.

And the artist who created this place certainly loved decorating mannequins. Or perhaps he just managed to buy a whole load of them for cheap.







And lastly, my friend's face behind this glass gives an interesting effect. It makes her look 10 or maybe even more years older than she actually is.

I am also going to link up to Gillena's Friday Lunch Break.

I hope you enjoyed the rest of my photos from this art installation that I visited back in August as well as my second on the second view. Have a great start to your weekend, and thanks for visiting my blog.




19 comments:

The Happy Whisk said...

Cool to see your friend behind the glass. There's one of those mannequins that looks real to me. Six up from the bottom, if I counted right. Cool.

Christine said...

Lovely page and striking photos.

DVArtist said...

Oh Erika I can always count on you for showing the most amazing art and faces. Those straw people are fantastic. I would love to make one for my yard. LOL However, it rains to much here. Your friends face behind the glass is actually quite stunning. Thank you for joining in FFO.

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely post, Erika. I am sharing my 2nd on the 2nd tomorrow, but have also chosen 2016! That really is a fun place that you visited, what a huge amount of weird and wacky figures, wow! Strange how the blue glass ages your friend. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

carol l mckenna said...

Wow! Awesome art installation and photos ~ Xo

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Angie's Recipes said...

Beautiful faces! The dragon one is for sure interesting.

Gillena Cox said...

Very interesting share Erika.

Thanks for linking to Art For Fun Friday

Much💜love

Divers and Sundry said...

It so rarely gets really _cold_ here...

Those sculptures would be fun to see in person.

Lowcarb team member said...

It's getting colder here ... brrrr

I like the dragon.

All the best Jan

Empire of the Cat said...

I love your cold enough page. It's definitely more than cold enough for me at the moment. Those manniquins look amazing, that first one stumbling out of the bushes would definitely give me a start lol. Happy Second on the Second Elle/EOTC xx

roughterrain crane said...

I did enjoy your great pictures.

Jeanie said...

I do like the sitting manequin. Not sure on the others!

Iris Flavia said...

We had snow. Cold enough and then all the "naked people"!!! Brrr (they are "cool"!.
Hugs and oh. Your friend still looks so nice and fun!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I remember your snowy journal page and it was a great second look. Thanks for bringing it back, dear. I loved seeing it again.

Those mannequins are wonderful.. They certainly have a lot of ephemera on them. All the sculptures are terrific. What a haven for a photographer and art lover. I can see why you liked it there. Well worth the admission fee.

Su-sieee! Mac said...

Wow, that’s a fun installation!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Interesting photos and I like your art journal page, always curious how other people make snow. Paste and paint? Yours looks good, xoxo

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Great art and photos.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Your little girl is sooooo cute. I love the art in the Three Sisters Sanctuary ... the artist must be a very interesting fellow. Did you, by chance, meet him> And your poor friend ... aging before her time, Ha! You always bring a smile to my face, Erika ...

Andrea @ From the Sol

NatureFootstep said...

wow, this is a place you have to visit many times in order to see it all. :)
I would love to see the different ladies :)