Monday, December 5, 2022

T Stands for English Muffins and More Babble

 Hi everyone. 

Another week has flown by, and it is already T Day once again over at  Bleubeard's and Elizabeth's blog. It's time to share your drink related post. My drink this week goes with my lunch one day, but I'll get to that in a bit.

Last week I decorated the house for this holiday season. I'd decided to go minimalist this year, but like every other time I decide to only put out a few things, I start having so much fun that  I don't end up being very minimalist at all. 😏

I also went to see a holiday play with some friends one afternoon last week, which was lots of fun as I haven't done that in a long long time. And the play was quite festive and well done too. 


The Musical Hall is a vintage performing arts center in downtown Portsmouth, New Hampshire. They work closely with the Ogunquit Playhouse from Ogunquit, Maine. (Ogunquit isn't very far north up the road from Portsmouth as Portsmouth sits right on the border of Maine.) Elf was actually being presented by the Ogunquit Playhouse, but since their theater isn't winterized, it was being performed at the Music Hall.


I'm always fascinated by the sets, lighting and how they can change the scene right in front of you while you are totally engrossed in what the actors are doing. They didn't allow photos or videos during the performance, which only makes sense, so above is the stage before the play began and below is the photo at intermission.


You can see the stage area better here. I love the old private booths (no longer used for guests). I should have taken photos of the wooden seats (no  cushions) and the wooden floor. There's also a balcony on the sides and behind us. Last time I was at the Music Hall I sat up there during an evening when author Amor Towles  talked about writing and his books. Over the years I've been here for small venue concerts, to see other guest speakers and even watch films. 

 I'm not trying to be weird, but I have to show you the bathroom, which reminds me of a Hobbit House. It is definitely unique. Also, if people had been in the bathroom, I wouldn't have taken any photos.

The doors to each stall were decorated for the holiday, and notice the walls and the curve of the floor tiles.


And here's the common area where you can wash your hands.


Someone walked in right after I took these  2 photos so that was the end of my photos.

 And for T this week, let me share one of my lunches. 

One evening last week I made some homemade sourdough English muffins. (Recipe is here: KA Sourdough English muffins). I've made these before, but not for a long while.


And during my last trip to Trader Joe's for some groceries, I discovered this spread.


And so I combined the 2 with a bit of cheddar cheese for my lunch one day. You can also see my drink, which is a  Diet Coke I'd been drinking over a couple of days. 


Please excuse the clutter on my coffee table. I was actually reading as I ate that day, but stacked everything up to get a photo for T.

That's all for me this week. Hopefully it wasn't another too long post. Have a great T day and week ahead.






16 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

This was a fun post Erika, I haven't been to a theater since I was very young. My Mom took us kids into chicago to see live plays and I saw Hair opening night in a very old Chicago theater-the older was are just so neat to be in.
That fig jam sounds delicious and wow very cool bathroom! Happy T hugs Kathy

Kate Yetter said...

I have never made English muffins but they are on my list. Yours look delicious and exactly like something from a bakery. That fig spread sounds like something my hubby would love.
What a fun show and a unique bathroom. Loving all the stone and the round room.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

DVArtist said...

How fun to go to the therater and what a beautiful one it is. Your English muffins look amazing. Thats for the recipe. Hmm fig butter, how is it? Can't say I have ever heard of it before. Have a great evening.

Angie's Recipes said...

I can't even remember when I last visited a theater. Those English muffins look excellent and KA recipes never disappoint.

Iris Flavia said...

Now this is too funny. I was at ALDI yesterday to buy salad and tomatoes and came home with elf-socks I just put on!!!
The name is "Elfie"....

LOL. I remember when I first met blogger friend Grace. We were at the Indiana (café) and I needed to go. She told me to take the cam with me, LOL.
Ever since I ALWAYS take the cam to loos. Glad you did, too, it´s great what we find!

The muffins look great and guess what?! River sent me dry yeast from Adelaide, Australia!!!!
Et voilá, I have a recipe!
Ingo will kill me... I´ll use truffle butter ;-) From ALDI. Oh, I need a holiday! I do have three sorts of cheddar cheese right here. Hugs and thanks!
And a happy T-Day, too :-)

Valerie-Jael said...

What a beautiful theatre you went to, I've never seen toilets like that before! Fig butter and delicious muffins - who could wish for more? Hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a colorful and vintage feeling Music Hall. So glad you got to see that play with your friends. That restroom was totally unique, and I liked the door to the ladies room.

I love English muffins, but would never consider making them. Looks like yours turned out perfect. Cheese and fig butter sound wonderful on those muffins. Sounds like they went nicely with your diet coke, too. Thanks for sharing the Music Hall, your English muffins, and your drink with us for T this Tuesday, dear friend.

Jeanie said...

That theatre is to die for. TO DIE FOR! Oh, I'm such a sucker for vintage theatres and beautifully decorated ones all the more. I've taken bathroom photos too -- why not? They're lovely and a good one should be celebrated! We share a caffeine-free diet Coke love! I can't tell the dif!

Divers and Sundry said...

What a fun outing! I'm glad you shared the bathroom photos. So fancy! I remember when theater restrooms had vanities and little chairs... I'm glad some have maintained that luxury/fancy feel, especially taking the seasonal decorations into the space.

I've only ever had the store-bought English muffins, and that's been a while. I might amend my grocery list ;)

Happy T Tuesday.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Oh yay, another babble! LOL that always cracks me up. Those muffins look so good, they need to award you a King Arthur's Court Baker medal! (Yeah, I just made that up, not real sadly). The theatre looks so fun, glad you got to have a good time with friends. XOX

ashok said...

Lovely colorful fun post...

Let's Art Journal said...

Glad you are all decorated for the holiday season and how wonderful to go to the theatre, such fun to see Elf 😊. Loving those English muffins too, I always enjoy them at Christmastime with buttery scrambled eggs and smoke salmon/gravlax - yum! Sending you Happy T Day wishes! Hugs Jo x

Empire of the Cat said...

The muffins look great Erika, and that fig jam. I love that old theatre and the bathroom looks cool, nice when people make an effort to decorate it too. Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

jinxxxygirl said...

Erika that bathroom was something else! Even though you thought it a little weird i'm so glad you decided to show it! Happy T day! Hugs! deb

CJ Kennedy said...

We've been watching Christmas movies each night since Thanksgiving. We watched Elf over the weekend. One of my favorites. It must have been wonderful to see it live. That is some bathroom! Your English muffins turned out awesome and must have been wonderful with the fig jam. I'll skip the cheddar as I don't like cheese. Happy T Day

Carola Bartz said...

The theater looks lovely and has an old fashioned feel about it. I haven't been to a theater since before the beginning of the pandemic. The bathroom looks gorgeous. Have a wonderful rest of the week, Erika.