Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Butterflies

Hi everyone. Happy Wednesday.  I'm keeping this post short today ( and it was scheduled earlier this week)  since I am heading out early for a one-day adventure with some friends. We're going on another garden visit since it's a rare day where we aren't predicted to get rain. I don't know what I'm more excited about, a garden visit or sunshine. 

I did want to share another journal page so today I have a page for Alison's Come Fly with Me challenge at Art Journal Journey.


Here's a page I made by (mostly) cleaning off some items on my work table. First I took a piece of deli paper. I often use deli paper underneath something I want to paint or outline. This time I was painting a couple of cut out butterflies on some already used deli paper. I liked the butterfly images on the deli paper so I tore around those butterflies, leaving some of the other paint and line marked paper.  I then used matte medium to attach that to my page.  I took another scrap of gold painted deli paper and added that below my butterfly paper.

I used a couple of strips of gold colored washi tape to create a bottom border. I stamped and cut out this woman. 


The quote is from an old FLOW magazine. The number 9 was part of a scrap of paper on my work table, and to finish it off I added a bit of gold paper trim. Perhaps this lovely lady has seen 9 butterflies while she stands contemplating  what to do with her day.

And there you have it. My journal is getting quite full and the left side has a hard time laying flat.  You can see the curve on the right side of these photos. 

And I managed to get a bit behind on commenting as yesterday turned into a crazy day, and then I'm gone today. If I haven't visited, I'll stop by tomorrow because hopefully things will slow down a bit. 😜
I hope everyone is having a great week. That's all for me today.





13 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

enjoy your day Erika, we are still the opposite of your area-no rain and today we hit 100 F again
awesome page too-I love it
Hugs Kathy

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Enjoy your day away, Erika. I hadn’t turned on the TV for a couple of days but watched the news last night and became aware of the flooding in Vermont. It looks dreadful there. I know that you are one state away and probably a few mountains removed, but take care. Who knows what can happen these days? Hugs - David

Angie's Recipes said...

Have a fun day, Erika! The page looks really lovely and I love the dress of the lady.

Iris Flavia said...

Wise words!!! And I love this page and the lady.
Hope you have/had a great, fun day! Hugs

Tom said...

...butterflies seem to be in short supply here this year.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Have fun on your outing. We could use the rain down here. Nice use of bits and bobs on your page, I always want to do that and then get sidetracked, xoxo.

craftytrog said...

It's a fabulous page of scraps Erika! I love the quote too.
Alison

Christine said...

Lovely page! Enjoy your day out!

Valerie-Jael said...

I love your sentiment! Today I've been busy all day and got nothing done! Fantastic journal page! Hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You and I were on the same wavelength with butterflies. I love yours so much. It's a great entry for Alison's theme at AJJ.

I hope you had a great time out with your friends and could visit a garden without getting soaked. There was NO way I would have ventured out today. The heat index at 5 p.m. was 116 F. It was 80 F according to my thermometer at 7 a.m. when I watered this morning. I hope you wore lots of sunscreen!

Jeanie said...

Summer life makes keeping up on blogs hard. But more important to enjoy life!

Neet said...

How true is that quote. I just cannot let myk hands be idle and sometimes I watch tv and don't know what I am watching because i am busy doing something else. used to be fine doing two jobs at once but now it doesn't always work.
Love your 20's lady (if I have the time right) and that touch of yellow behind her adds to it. I have some deli paper but haven't used it, keep coming across it and putting it back - obviously bought in America some time ago.
Hugs, Neet xx
ps enjoy your adventure day out - the sun is shining here through our new patio doors but it has been raining so not a day for adventures.

pearshapedcrafting said...

I hope you had a lovely day! I love this page, great colour contrast, hugs, Chrisx