Sunday, July 2, 2023

Second on the Second-Trip Journals

Hi everyone. Happy July 2. I hope your weekend is going well.

It is time once again for Second on the Second over at Bleubeard's and Elizabeth's blog. Basically this means you just need to repost  something you have already posted before. Easy peasy.

I picked out some pages from 2018 for Second on the Second  this month. My pages go with Alison's challenge over at Art Journal Journey. As this is a new month, we have a new AJJ challenge,  and this month the challenge is Come Fly with Me.

I copied some photos from multiple posts that had to do with my summer vacation that year. We had gone to Newfoundland for a week in early July. Here are some pages from my trip journal that work with Alison's Come Fly with Me challenge.


Notice the butterflies on these first 2.


And then in my daily journal I had this page with the plane.


Back to my trip journal, I had this page with my flight boarding stubs as well as a hand carved maple leaf stamp.


And here's a new page for AJJ from the journal I've been working on about my weekend trip to Charleston back in May of this year.  I had flown down to North Carolina to visit one of my teacher friends who moved away from New Hampshire about 20 years ago but with whom I've stayed closely in touch. We took a roadtrip down to Charleston.



I used a sheet of printed paper that I cut down to fit the small 6 ring binder I was using.  I added tape to the punched edge to be sure the paper held up when the pages were  flipped.

I then added some textured paper I made with my recently refound paper texturing rollers,  some washi tape and a pre-cut square tag that I wrote my info down on.  I then added a punched out Art by Marlene plane as well as the punched out clouds. 

I'm also going to link up to Gillena's Smile Sunday.

That's all for me today. Thanks for stopping by my blog.  






16 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

Happy memories well preserved and presented!
Yay for art and exploring - have a great Sunday, hugs.

Tom said...

...I looked to fly, but not so much these days. Home looks great to me.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

You are ahead of me, Erika. Newfoundland and Labrador is the only province I have never visited. Everyone tells me that I should rectify that omission without delay! Hugs - David

CJ Kennedy said...

Fun pages. No flying today unless you can dodge the pouring rain. Sounds like a good day to hang out in the screen porch to read or nap.

Angie's Recipes said...

What did you do with all the pages you have been making all these years? There must be lots of them...

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I am so glad you chose to bring these back. I know I should have used Alison's theme, too, but it was too tempting to share the Patriotic images. I really LOVE how you shared each of these pages. I ADORE your hand carved stamp. It is fabulous and goes well with your Canada entry. And I am in LOVE with the flash card you used. I like that it is a different size than the one behind it. I really enjoyed the various trips you have taken and am so glad you shared these with us as your second look on the 2nd.

And now I am even more impressed that you have not only created a second look, but you also have a new entry which matches Alison's theme at AJJ. That printed paper looks strangely familiar. I've run a few (hundred) of those pages through the scanning machine myself. It made a great background, too. Still loving that texture paper from the texturizing roller. This was a really fun and very textural entry you have shared, dear Erika.

Christine said...

Lovely pages!

Gillena Cox said...

Happy to hear of your travels.
Have a good Sunday

Much💜love

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous photos and journal pages, and love the new journal page for Alison. Have a great Sunday, hugs, Valerie

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Happy Holiday weekend to you as well, Erika, and thanks for sharing a look back at your travels. You certainly have had some memorable ones!

craftytrog said...

Great pages Erika, and they are perfect for my theme at AJJ.
Happy Sunday,
Alison

Gillena Cox said...

Hi Erika. Thanks for linking up to Sunday Smiles

Much💜love

Jeanie said...

Your art journals are always such fun and so personal. I love how you do them.

Gillena Cox said...

Hi Erika. Happy you dropped by my Monday WRites post at my blog VERSES. I also linked up to 'Mashup'

Much💜love

nwilliams6 said...

Fun trip journal, Erika. I want to go there too. YOu go to the best places! Hugz

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Wonderful journal page with the memories!!!
Have a good week, hug Elke